Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
254 Posts
I normally wear a Joe Rocket RKT201 carbon fiber full face. But I started working on a military base and needed a modular to keep from having to remove my helmet at the gate. I bought a Bilt Evolution from Cycle Gear, which is actually a really nice helmet. I went cheaper as I figured I'd only wear it to ride to work. Being a glasses wearer, when its time for a new lid, I'm probably going to go with the Shoei Neotec as I seem to like the modular style helmet better. I've tried one on and it seems to fit my head perfectly.

the old "cheap" modulars were tones more heavy then they are now. the hinges were even worse. Sounded like a rusty old gate hinge. weighed like a tone of bricks.

Neotec seems to be really desirable, but dam i can get another motorcycle for that price almost...$$$$😡

·
Registered
488 Posts
the old "cheap" modulars were tones more heavy then they are now. the hinges were even worse. Sounded like a rusty old gate hinge. weighed like a tone of bricks.

Neotec seems to be really desirable, but dam i can get another motorcycle for that price almost...$$$$😡
My post was 5 years ago. I never did get a Neotec, as like you, I just can't justify $700 when it's not proven to be any safer than many other less expensive helmets. I now have an HJC ISMax II and have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have lots of helmets. Depends on my mood and what kind of riding I am going on. I have more expensive ones like an Icon Airflow & Schuberth c4 for touring, I have some cheap helmets for going to work/goofing around. Not to mention my head never did fit the Shoei and Arai stuff. Love them, not the price tags...Dont think Ive ever paid full price for a "new" helmet ever.

Ive had some get stolen, so the fooling around town etc/going to work, are the cheaper ones.

Sadly I went to work and my brand new gloves and helmet were stolen right off my desk.
How the F did they get stollen from your desk???
Public office?
When it comes to shapes , it s a complicated topic. Helmets should always be tested. I for once can t buy Schuberth, they cause soooo much pain on my forehead-sides area. Shoei, Bell, Shark, or HJc, all fit ok.
HJC Rpha 90 carbon modular, is another nice helmet. But also a bit pricey....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my Shoei RF1000 for the past 6 years and it was time to buy a new helmet. I was surprised how many different options there are. Ranging from $100 to $600, different safety standards, ventilation, noise level, protection etc.

I always wear DOT and SNELL approved helmets but this time I decided to go with 5 star SHARP rating as well. It was hard to find a helmet that satisfies all 3 standards and doesn't make me go broke.
I ended up ordering the AGV GT Veloce. Found it for $190 shipping included. This AGV helmet is designed for an up-right riding position...
SHARP - THE HELMET SAFETY SCHEME

What helmets do you wear?
I have an Arai Quantum X 2020 due to round shape head.

I find it loud and when it is cold outside like 5c / around 40f or less , it seems like it becomes smaller and
hurts my head somehow as if my head expands or the helmet shrinks.

But when the weather is nicer, I could ride for hours without any problem.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thank you

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
254 Posts
How the F did they get stollen from your desk???
Public office?
When it comes to shapes , it s a complicated topic. Helmets should always be tested. I for once can t buy Schuberth, they cause soooo much pain on my forehead-sides area. Shoei, Bell, Shark, or HJc, all fit ok.
HJC Rpha 90 carbon modular, is another nice helmet. But also a bit pricey....

like all things in life, some things just get taken. No I never found out who took them. No it wasnt a public office, But we did have enough people in my job that it was next to impossible to find out. IE people will lie to your face, and you never know sometimes. People are people.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I got a Bell SRT Modular. I like it. I have a F5MC com device, and I wear ear plugs. Believe it or not, the ear plugs make the sound from the coms device much better.
View attachment 188197
View attachment 188198
Which type of ear plugs do you use? I've been contemplating getting something other than the foam ones I use. I'd like to use a comms system, but do not want to stop using ear plugs.

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
305 Posts
Which type of ear plugs do you use? I've been contemplating getting something other than the foam ones I use. I'd like to use a comms system, but do not want to stop using ear plugs.
I use foam and soft rubber type (not at the same time 😀). I also have a SENA Comms system in my helmet, I listen to music and ignore phone calls. The soft rubber ear plugs are washable and reusable. They look like these:
Gesture Line Cable Technology Font

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
Just got a new BELL SRT Modular HI-vis helmet to replace one damaged in a fall. Tried it out today. Comfortable, BETTER modular 'release' than the Revolver had, good ventilation.

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
670 Posts
Just got a new BELL SRT Modular HI-vis helmet to replace one damaged in a fall. Tried it out today. Comfortable, BETTER modular 'release' than the Revolver had, good ventilation.

(y)(y)

:cool:
Round or Oval ?

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
241 - 260 of 263 Posts