Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
FWIW, I recently updated my old, old Arai with a Hi-Viz HJC i10 Taze. I've found it comfortable overall, even on really hot days. The venting is really nice for those of us in the hotter climates. I've only found a couple of nits to pick: One of the features of the helmet is a "Special grooves along the temple relieve pressure while wearing glasses." While it's a nice feature, I feel that the groove is forcing the arms of my shades down onto my ears more than I'd like, and the groove does not allow me much (if any at all) wiggle room to adjust. So, my ears have gotten a little sore on a couple of rides. Also, I do have a little neck fatigue when I ride, but I cannot say, definitively, it's because of the helmet. I injured my shoulder a month before I got the helmet, and it's possible that I'm not exactly in the riding position I should be in. After I complete treatment, I may come back and update that comment.

Bottom line: It's a great helmet for the price, and I love the ability to get it in hi-viz/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bought an O'Neil Sierra R to replace my ageing HTC. Impressed so far, especially considering the cost. Good ventilation, handy tinted sun visor, large opening with tight fitting main visor. Pin lock included. Unlike my HTC, I did not need to remove the peak as it's stable up to 100 KPH with the peak.

It's a bit noisy, so ear plugs needed for higher speed touring.

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
305 Posts
Shoei Neotec 2 w/ Sena Communicator

I wanted a quiet helmet; my research showed me that modular helmets were the most quiet. Who woulda thunk it? It turns out that because they open up, the manufacturer can make the neck opening smaller, resulting in a tighter fit. I still wish it was quieter, but it is quieter than my HJC and is the quietest helmet I've ever owned.
Sports equipment Helmet Product Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1200. I like it a lot. It's about 2 years old. I've been shopping other helmets since moving to Florida. I was hoping for better ventilation but now I want another helmet because the pads need washing so often here.
The RF-1400 would be the obvious choice, but I've heard reviewers and read forum posts that states the shape and fit is different from the RF-1200. Cycle Gear near me has no small RF-1400 to try.
I thought and the Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS, but to many reviews point of things I think would bother me.
I'm looking at the AGV K6, but Cycle Gear near me have zero in stock.
What's a guy to do?

Is there a store near Jacksonville, Florida that stocks many helmets?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Currently wearing a Shark Evoline Series 3. It's fine for the short-distance riding/commuting I do, but for longer distances, the design of the upper vent causes the fabric to press into my forehead making it very painful after awhile. I plan on eventually upgrading to the latest version, the Evo-One 2.

Helmet Sports equipment Peripheral Input device Sports gear

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1200. I like it a lot. It's about 2 years old. I've been shopping other helmets since moving to Florida. I was hoping for better ventilation but now I want another helmet because the pads need washing so often here.
The RF-1400 would be the obvious choice, but I've heard reviewers and read forum posts that states the shape and fit is different from the RF-1200. Cycle Gear near me has no small RF-1400 to try.
I thought and the Bell Qualifier DLX MIPS, but to many reviews point of things I think would bother me.
I'm looking at the AGV K6, but Cycle Gear near me have zero in stock.
What's a guy to do?

Is there a store near Jacksonville, Florida that stocks many helmets?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Any helmet on Cycle Gear should qualify for free shipping. I'd order one to the store, try it on there, and then decide if you want it or not. Cycle Gear is pretty cool about being able to order stuff and return it if the fit isn't right.

Besides, now there will be a RF-1400 at that store for someone else to try on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a fan of modulars. Had my first helmet, a full face, low cost. Than got a shoei neotec 1. Got after a Bell SRT modular. Great helmet, but not that great longevity. Now i have a skark evo gt. Nice , nice nice. Only gripe i have with it, is the viewing angle-due to the chinbar construction, it s not that great.

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
254 Posts
I have lots of helmets. Depends on my mood and what kind of riding I am going on. I have more expensive ones like an Icon Airflow & Schuberth c4 for touring, I have some cheap helmets for going to work/goofing around. Not to mention my head never did fit the Shoei and Arai stuff. Love them, not the price tags...Dont think Ive ever paid full price for a "new" helmet ever.

Ive had some get stolen, so the fooling around town etc/going to work, are the cheaper ones.

Sadly I went to work and my brand new gloves and helmet were stolen right off my desk.

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
254 Posts
I am a fan of modulars. Had my first helmet, a full face, low cost. Than got a shoei neotec 1. Got after a Bell SRT modular. Great helmet, but not that great longevity. Now i have a skark evo gt. Nice , nice nice. Only gripe i have with it, is the viewing angle-due to the chinbar construction, it s not that great.
Shark makes one of the best helmets in my opinion. hARD as heck to find around where I live.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts