Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a different one, a bell race star. was looking for lighter than I had, it is, carbon fiber yadda yadda something.
I added a transitions lens on it and so far I like it. took a bit to get used to it because sizing is small, tighter.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The finest helmets are made in Germany by none other than Helmut Schmidt. Former CHANCELLOR OF WEST GERMANY.

After he retired he got into the helmet business.

Just like Smuckers, with a name like Helmut it has to be good!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The finest helmets are made in Germany by none other than Helmut Schmidt. Former CHANCELLOR OF WEST GERMANY.

After he retired he got into the helmet business.

Just like Smuckers, with a name like Helmut it has to be good!:wink2:
This was so great! What an interesting person!

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
I love those graphics!
Here's a pic of my FORMER BELL helmet, beside the new one w/ the graphics.

It was replaced under warranty by BELL when a wire broke so that I could not 'open' the helmet anymore. I much preferred the original w/ shiny surfaces!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Arai XD4. My first helmet. After trying literally 50 different ones. Dont think I'll ever *not* buy Arai. My riding buddies wear earplugs. I never have to - I can have conversations through the Cardo Packtalk, and I can hear people speaking to me when parked... and it's soooooo comfy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've just bought an X-lite 903 helmet. I only ride with it once, but my objective was attained: the ventilation is very good.

I've sold an almost brand new Sorpion exo 1400 air. It was crazy light with a great confort, but the ventilation was awfull. The front vent I could not tell If it was open or closed. I always rided with the visor at least slighty open. The top vent had two positions but I always left in the full open position.

This one is very confortable and the ventilation is way better.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shoei Hornet in plain white. It fits ME perfectly - no pressure points after a full day, after a full day, after a full day...
The bottom shape is tight but it cuts out almost all the mechanical noise (especially needed on the KLR). The peak on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Shoei Hornet in plain white. It fits ME perfectly - no pressure points after a full day, after a full day, after a full day...
The bottom shape is tight but it cuts out almost all the mechanical noise (especially needed on the KLR). The peak on the other hand...
Peaks are just the worst on the highway, aren't they?

I love the look, but I also need to be able to read highway signs. I swear the vibration will lead to macular degeneration.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE
9 Posts
I was due for a new lid and Shark are the best fit for my mug head, so went with a Spartan carbon kitari.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
255 Posts
Arai CT-Z. Claustrophobic and primarily cruise these days. Love the Arai comfort too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Arai CT-Z. Claustrophobic and primarily cruise these days. Love the Arai comfort too.

View attachment 181082
I swear I will never use an open face helmet again.

When I fell I went sliding about 50 meters and my helmet was scratching the tarmac in the side of the face. If it was an open lid probably I was eating food with a straw for a few month.

No matter the bike you ride or the style that is worth the risk.

A few days ago I was talking with a friend that also rides and is an emergency nurse that said that he saw a lot of motorcycle acidents where the rider didn't had any injuries except a broken face due to be wearing an open face helmet.

Enviado do meu RMX2063 através do Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
255 Posts

When I fell I went sliding about 50 meters and my helmet was scratching the tarmac in the side of the face. If it was an open lid probably I was eating food with a straw for a few month.

A few days ago I was talking with a friend that also rides and is an emergency nurse that said that he saw a lot of motorcycle acidents where the rider didn't had any injuries except a broken face due to be wearing an open face helmet.

I have 2 friends who had their full face helmet chin bars caught on something in accidents. One is a quadriplegic and the other was decapitated. No safety device is fool proof. I invest most of my effort in not getting into an accident in the first place. That said, I still wear a helmet. Because of how the Arai covers more of the face, it has an exceptional safety record. Pricey but worth it - yet still not perfect.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Remember, modular helmets are safety rated as 3/4 helmets unless specifically stated otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the loaded question of the day. I have a few different helmets that are satisfactory as far a fit goes, but none are perfect. My local cycle shops in east Tennessee only carry the crappy newbie helmets. Where can I go to try on a bunch of different brands?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here's the loaded question of the day. I have a few different helmets that are satisfactory as far a fit goes, but none are perfect. My local cycle shops in east Tennessee only carry the crappy newbie helmets. Where can I go to try on a bunch of different brands?
If you ever get to Ohio...Iron Pony in Columbus has one of the biggest selections of helmets I have seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
...I swear the vibration will lead to macular degeneration.
I would think that excess vibes MIGHT lead to a "detached retina", NOT macular degeneration.

One of my nieces is an emergency-room nurse in New York. Once she sent me a pic of a fellow who had slid along on his chin until his lower jaw was GONE!

(That pic haunts me when I remember it....)

181 - 200 of 204 Posts