Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a different one, a bell race star. was looking for lighter than I had, it is, carbon fiber yadda yadda something.
I added a transitions lens on it and so far I like it. took a bit to get used to it because sizing is small, tighter.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The finest helmets are made in Germany by none other than Helmut Schmidt. Former CHANCELLOR OF WEST GERMANY.

After he retired he got into the helmet business.

Just like Smuckers, with a name like Helmut it has to be good!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The finest helmets are made in Germany by none other than Helmut Schmidt. Former CHANCELLOR OF WEST GERMANY.

After he retired he got into the helmet business.

Just like Smuckers, with a name like Helmut it has to be good!:wink2:
This was so great! What an interesting person!

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I love those graphics!
Here's a pic of my FORMER BELL helmet, beside the new one w/ the graphics.

It was replaced under warranty by BELL when a wire broke so that I could not 'open' the helmet anymore. I much preferred the original w/ shiny surfaces!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Arai XD4. My first helmet. After trying literally 50 different ones. Dont think I'll ever *not* buy Arai. My riding buddies wear earplugs. I never have to - I can have conversations through the Cardo Packtalk, and I can hear people speaking to me when parked... and it's soooooo comfy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've just bought an X-lite 903 helmet. I only ride with it once, but my objective was attained: the ventilation is very good.

I've sold an almost brand new Sorpion exo 1400 air. It was crazy light with a great confort, but the ventilation was awfull. The front vent I could not tell If it was open or closed. I always rided with the visor at least slighty open. The top vent had two positions but I always left in the full open position.

This one is very confortable and the ventilation is way better.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shoei Hornet in plain white. It fits ME perfectly - no pressure points after a full day, after a full day, after a full day...
The bottom shape is tight but it cuts out almost all the mechanical noise (especially needed on the KLR). The peak on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Shoei Hornet in plain white. It fits ME perfectly - no pressure points after a full day, after a full day, after a full day...
The bottom shape is tight but it cuts out almost all the mechanical noise (especially needed on the KLR). The peak on the other hand...
Peaks are just the worst on the highway, aren't they?

I love the look, but I also need to be able to read highway signs. I swear the vibration will lead to macular degeneration.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts