Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Look at this ones ($1K)
Jeez! That top case is enormous! No insult intended and a defensive crouch isn't necessary, but I can't imagine even a relatively small mass that far above and that far back from the center of gravity. Do you find it has any effect on handling?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of their V with the following bags:

E41 KEYLESS
E36
E360

Looks like these are the only ones remaining out of them all. I am thinking maybe the E36 would be a good middle ground? Not sure :(
If you can wait till Friday, I should be able to post pic's of mine (w/E41's). All the stuff is supposed to be here by then:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you can wait till Friday, I should be able to post pic's of mine (w/E41's). All the stuff is supposed to be here by then:yeahsmile:
I am looking to make my purchase on June 9th. So i got 1 month!

The keyless look huge but do have the cool option of the small opening + clamshell.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Good choice IMO.

I recently put on the same, Givi E21s on Givi racks. For my last 2 bikes I used a Givi 24L top case which - though tight sometimes - met all my needs for commuting and day trips (about 95% of my riding) So I knew the combined 42L of storage with the E21s would be plenty.

I really like the look of them. They look right on my bike and they keep the profile narrow. I love the top opening style far more than the other clamshells. They look much better and are positioned better than a top case. AND, compared to any other hard cases - they are FAR less expensive. I paid $430 taxes in for racks and bags.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Can you explain why the switch? This is the exact decision I am trying to make !!! :thanx:
The main reason I'm changing from the V35s to the Trekkers is that since I bought the same bike again, (albeit the new body style this time), I wanted to go with a different look. Change for the sake of change I suppose. The V35s were great bags and took a beating between riding off road with them and one highway crash with a cager. I'm slightly concerned that the Trekkers are going to show that kind of wear and tear a lot more because of the thin wall stainless skin. I'm sure I'll be able to answer the question definitively someday. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am looking to make my purchase on June 9th. So i got 1 month!

The keyless look huge but do have the cool option of the small opening + clamshell.
I really wanted to post pic's of my V with the luggage, but some asshat at Twisted Throttle screwed up my order handedly:confused: It looks as is it'll be the middle of the week at the earliest before my parts are in :mad:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I really wanted to post pic's of my V with the luggage, but some asshat at Twisted Throttle screwed up my order handedly:confused: It looks as is it'll be the middle of the week at the earliest before my parts are in :mad:
lame! Wanted to see it :). I still got time. Look forward to it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
lame! Wanted to see it :). I still got time. Look forward to it.
One thing about the PLR racks (monokey boxes) for the V is that they are quick detach and no relocating of the rear turn signals.

I promise to post pic's as soon as everthing gets here and I get it installed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Trekkers

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
One thing about the PLR racks (monokey boxes) for the V is that they are quick detach and no relocating of the rear turn signals.

I promise to post pic's as soon as everthing gets here and I get it installed.
I was looking into this.. Why dont you have to relocate ? Are you saying u do for the plxr version ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was looking into this.. Why dont you have to relocate ? Are you saying u do for the plxr version ?
Yes. The reason is because the V35 bags have an irregular shape to the back in an attempt to tuck them in a little further and still have the desired volume. This also makes them a little tuffer to pack. That is also the reason why they have a different rack from the other side boxes. They really don't make the bike that much narrower across the rear. Most buy the V35's for astetic reasons and not practicality.

Like many others here, I prefer the regular Monokey boxes and racks because of their flexibility. I can have my E41's for trips and, if I desire, pick up a set of E21's to use for commuting duties. When Givi makes new boxes, like the Trekker, they make them to fit the Monokey racks and not the PLX.

It's all personal choice/preferances, but I like flexibility. This is one of the reasons why I bought a Versys to begin with.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes. The reason is because the V35 bags have an irregular shape to the back in an attempt to tuck them in a little further and still have the desired volume. This also makes them a little tuffer to pack. That is also the reason why they have a different rack from the other side boxes. They really don't make the bike that much narrower across the rear. Most buy the V35's for astetic reasons and not practicality.

Like many others here, I prefer the regular Monokey boxes and racks because of their flexibility. I can have my E41's for trips and, if I desire, pick up a set of E21's to use for commuting duties. When Givi makes new boxes, like the Trekker, they make them to fit the Monokey racks and not the PLX.

It's all personal choice/preferances, but I like flexibility. This is one of the reasons why I bought a Versys to begin with.
You just summed up my entire logic behind what I think I am going to do.

I like the idea of the V35s, but with only 1 bag choice, its really really limited. Plus I dont want to relocate the blinkers.

I THINK I am leaning towards the E36 bags as more of the middle ground between the small 21s and the larger 41s. However, I havent really seen the size difference between the E36 and E41 to determine how much a difference there is.

To your point, I like the fact that I "could" change it up..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Givi V35s

I run the Givi V35s.

I like these because they can fit an Extra Large Full Face Helmet. What I DON'T LIKE are the SHINY PANEL TRIM that come on them. Looks to dainty for me.

My solution:
I pulled the trim covers off (Top and Bottom) and added texture with a spray can of Rustoleum Multi-Color textured paint. Then I covered the trim with a bottle of Rustoleum Satin Black. Looks perfect now!

Thank you,

Choppastyle

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My solution:
I pulled the trim covers off (Top and Bottom) and added texture with a spray can of Rustoleum Multi-Color textured paint. Then I covered the trim with a bottle of Rustoleum Satin Black. Looks perfect now!

Thank you,

Choppastyle
Do you have a photo of how they look? That's a good idea.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I run the Givi V35s.

I like these because they can fit an Extra Large Full Face Helmet. What I DON'T LIKE are the SHINY PANEL TRIM that come on them. Looks to dainty for me.

My solution:
Why didnt you just purchase the matte black? They are cheaper than the silver style too

Did you get them with the bike?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts