Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I run a custom hybrid exhaust with a Muzzy header and mid-pipe, and a welded Magnaflow muffler with Yoshimura quiet insert on my 2007. I also smooth matched the engine's exhaust port outlets... Power and performance are outstanding.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
sounds cool can you post some pictures?
You can see my original 2009 attachments if you click on this post:

Here's the custom Muzzy/Magnaflow/Yoshimura exhaust completed... According to the forecast, I'll have it out on Monday finally, and see how it runs and sounds. :)
These are from 2011 -

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a Full Exhaust Arrow system when I got my bike:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Van's, pick up trucks, and cars keep tailgating and racing me which stopped when I reinstalled the stock exhaust (good thing the previous owner kept it).
Aside from others getting triggered and aggressive, I also can't last as long even with the silencer installed. The aggressive engine braking is also tiring to manage in comparison to the stock exhaust (all without ECU related modifications).
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

In my opinion stock also looks better and cleaner, with only the disadvantage of being heavy.

·
Registered
2013 v650
385 Posts
One of the selling points for me was the low tucked in exhaust. I like the fact that you don't have a hot chunk of metal sticking out where you or your passenger can bet burned by it. A loud exhaust is tiring and unless it is deafening the cager with their windows up and talking on the phone will not hear you until it is too late.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a Full Exhaust Arrow system when I got my bike: View attachment 187416

Van's, pick up trucks, and cars keep tailgating and racing me which stopped when I reinstalled the stock exhaust (good thing the previous owner kept it).
Aside from others getting triggered and aggressive, I also can't last as long even with the silencer installed. The aggressive engine braking is also tiring to manage in comparison to the stock exhaust (all without ECU related modifications).
View attachment 187415
In my opinion stock also looks better and cleaner, with only the disadvantage of being heavy.
That’s the one thing I’m worried about is it being to loud.

·
Super Moderator
21,527 Posts
Original Kawasaki exhaust systems on BOTH my '08 and '15 V650s.
My 'across the street' neighbor started-up his H-D (muffler-less?) yesterday while I was working in my shop. IF it was legal I'd walk over and shoot it (the Harley!) dead.(y)(y)

Stock exhausts on the Versys, and on all our bikes except the first one. I prefer a quiet ride. And I'm a cheap bastard.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

...A loud exhaust is tiring and unless it is deafening the cager with their windows up and talking on the phone will not hear you until it is too late....
Watch when a fire-truck or ambulance w/ sirens blaring pulls up behind MANY vehicles, who do NOT pull over. IF the drivers can't hear THEM, how will they hear the H-D "loud-pipes-save-lives" crowd...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
2015 650 with Leo Vince. Baffle insert retained, and Shodabeen ecu tune. Just the right amount of sound to make it sexy and smooth, not annoying. Don't know if it boosted performance; did the exhaust and tune at the same time. It is lighter than OEM, though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts