Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year my wife and I start cleaning clutter around the house. Over the 50 plus years I've been riding, I have accumulated a ridiculous amount of helmets as I tend to replace around the recommended 5 year interval. The recyclers don't want them and its hard to just toss them, some cost a fair amount. Some of them are pretty cool looking.

I'm thinking of using some for bookends. Any other uses you guys have thought of? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Make a lamp

·
Registered
308 Posts
Only thing to do with them is smash them with a hammer and cut the straps off so no one can use them--I would not give them away no matter what someone tells you their going to do with them art projects etc-if their out dated their no good not safe

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
If you have a man cave, (or garage or a shop,) put a shelf around the perimeter of the room about 12 inches or so from the ceiling and display the helmets along with the numerous motorcycle themed ball caps and other trinkets.

Mine are on a shelf in my shop and I have also started a small collection of motorcycle fuel tanks. Only two so far.

I have thought about cutting the helmets in half and putting a shelf in the house up near the ceiling to display the artwork without protruding too far into the room. If I alternated Helmet and fuel tanks cut in half I think it would look pretty cool. I am trying to see if I can source fuel tanks that are damaged on one side making them of no value except for display. Met a guy in the industry through our wives and their horse hobby.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I donate mine to the nursing and EMT program at our community college. They use them to teach students how to deal with helmeted patients. Last time I took mine in one of the instructors said most students don't even know how to remove a faceshield or unbuckle a helmet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still haven't dealt with my old helmets. Here's what Motocross veteran and champion Chad Reed, has done with his old helmets.

92 of them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts