1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
665 Posts
Got up with the intent of doing a couple hundred miles on the V. Shower door suffered catastrophic failure so spent the day replacing that instead. :-(. Domestic tranquility wins...I guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Put on my Givi crash bars and wheel stripes and hit 1100 miles on the bike.

Happy to report that the Givi crash bars fit great, even with the California stuff. I can't really tell that there's any more vibration than normal either.

Done with the major mods, now all I have to do is ride ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Got up late, rode the V to auto parts store to check out some stuff, worked on the boat for a bit, then drove to the lake and enjoyed a great afternoon on the water.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Loaded up bike for next weekends rally, picked my nose, scratched my butt and ran around doing all the little jobs that need doing before I have to go back to work on wed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
First commute to work in traffic on the V (1 week old) finally got the Givi 46 top box fitted last nite to be able to carry stuff to work.

Fitted a Givi D410ST tall screen about 10 minutes ago in the work car park, about to take it for the run home and feel the difference.

Confirmed my booking at my local Kawa dealer for an Akrapovic SP Titanium exhaust, new Michellin Pilot Road 3's & a 43T sprocket first thing tomorrow morning!

Should be a fun day tomorrow discovering the joys of new V farkle.

30/5 UPDATE

Fitted 43T Steel sprocket, Akrapovic SP Exh & Michellin Pilot Road 3 tyres. OMG! What a transformation! The gearing is now puurrrfect and the cagers can now definately hear me approaching. So damn happy with this farkle update!

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I drove about 400kms most along the water and saw my oldest daughter for lunch half way through, a bit cool but a great day! Went over 3000kms for the season which is unheard of for May in these parts. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sunday I played tag and lost myself in the back roads and fire pond roads near the house.

Got to play on some hard pack and gravel to get to the below picture. Spent about 6-7 hours just exploring and getting lost. Never did find the spot I was looking for but I did find some neat places. I wish I had thought to whip my phone out some more. Only wound up with 2 pictures for sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went to 2 parades yesterday (2nd one it poured for the first half, then sun came out - just enough to make it MUGGY), went to a cookout at my brother-in-law's, went swimming, put the kids to bed, then FINISHED installing my SW Motech side carrier hardware (with Givi adapters), SW Motech Alu-rack, Givi top adapter plate, and Givi E41 side cases!!!! Relocating those turn signals was WAY more complicated than it needed to be... :p But they look great! Can't wait to ride now :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did 102 miles with my most trusted street riding buddy.

Big fun was had, nobody got hurt.

And...hit the 500ish mile mark on the V!

First oil change is next, then...I can kick in the flux capaciitor. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
It was raining and my riding gear was still soaked from the previous days downpour (I need to get some rain protection!) so I drove the car in the rain to work on the Australian version of The Voice. After work the skies had cleared and I rode the V into the city for a night of Zouk and salsa dancing. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Rode about 650 kms from Calgary to Kelowna, MOST of it with my heated jacket liner on LOW, and my rain-gear on for 600 kms of it. Got as high as 71 mpg Imperial.

The pics are at Three Valley Gap, just west of Revelstoke, BC.

:stickpoke:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
worked 16.5 hrs, came home to a large box (thank you FEDEX man) containing my Givi DS windshield, will be installing that in the AM

·
Registered
104 Posts
Added the Evotech Performance radiator guard.

Next project is to smooth out the fueling, or whatever is causing the jerkiness/surging while holding the throttle steady.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts