Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1221 - 1240 of 1386 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Took a nice ride out to the camp today; no mishaps! The road had some really loose gravel, and it got a bit sketchy at times with the stock tires. It was in the high 40's (f) when I left, and I recently purchased some new gloves and a new helmet that seemed to keep me warm enough. I also brought a piece of coolant hose back with me to, hopefully, work with the highway pegs and mounts that I just bought. They should arrive tomorrow, and I hope to put them on the T-Rex engine guards. We'll see how it works later in the week.

·
Registered
2013 v650
228 Posts
Starting became intermittent. I found the starter solenoid bad. Push the button, hear and feel the solenoid click but no power to the starter wire. Thanks again to Amazon for a less expensive part with fast shipping. I saved close to $100.00.

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Started out the day oiling my chain.

Rode to Bear Valley, CA and back. ~300 miles from my place. Filled up on the way out, in Jamestown and need another fill up now.

My derriere is dang sore.

Check out the Deputy Dogs in the third photo

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Checked tire pressure. Both a lot lower than i thought they would be. Filled them up and lubed the chain.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Get the six fiddy loaded up loaded up like a rented mule for 0500 tomorrow departure for an approx 4k mile trip and twisty playing to no GA, NC, TN, AR and so MO. About two weeks. Yee. Haw.

Retirement does not suck.
Just got back today from the ride-about. Rode about 4k miles, and wore out another rear tire. The shoulders are almost to the wear bars. Yep, had me some fun.

Next trip planned is the Swamp Scooter BMW Motorcycle Club Gumbo rally near Lafayette, LA the second week of November, though maybe another stint up to north GA before then.

Retirement still does not suck, though the getting old part kinda bites.

Reactions: 52Degrees

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rode some snowmobile trails near my house. Everything from sand, to small rock gardens, to a bit of mud. Fun stuff and my rear Mitas and front TKC make short work of just about everything. Sand is a bit sketchy, but isn't it always?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
Loaded my v650Lt with 75 Lbs of camping gear for a 8 day trip.This will be my first trip on my 2019 Versys. I’m thinking this should be my best bike I’ve gone on a camping trip on. 155 cc Yamaha SMax,300 cc Yamaha Xmax,Honda Cb500f, Kawasaki z900 & now VERSYS 650!!!!😎🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
HOPE you had a GREAT ride/ camping excursion...!

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
Forecast for today - cloudy, showers, 12C (54F), but the sky began to clear so I headed out to mail a parcel, then shoot the breeze w/ a friend at the Honda Shop, then home.

Don't know how cold it REALLY was - but I sprayed Lemon Pledge on my face-shield and mirrors when I got home - and it looked like it froze on the mirrors, but stayed good on my 'shield!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Finally got around to installing my T-Rex: engine guard, skid plate, and center stand.

Wrong engine bolt spacer length for the left side and missing 3 bolts for the left side bracket for the center stand. Going to call them tomorrow and have them send the parts to finish the job.

I remember seeing in another thread here about the spacer being too long for them too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Commuted my 20 miles into work today, through rain. My first time out in the wet stuff. (only had the bike for 2 months) also did another oil change yesterday, hit 2,000 miles. This is my first motorcycle ever, so everything is new to me.
Cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
My low beam headlight went out yesterday while riding. It's a 2016 with about 10k miles on it. Kinda surprised me, never had that happen to me with a new or even used bike in the past, especially at such low miles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Refueled and crossed 10 000 km :yeahsmile:

Attachments

1221 - 1240 of 1386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.