Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1386 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well sofar today nothing but look at it a few times... but yesterday i put a new battery in it then went for a nice two up ride up forest service road-18 up mt hood a bit of the way...... man i really need an engine cage

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well sofar today nothing but look at it a few times... but yesterday i put a new battery in it then went for a nice two up ride up forest service road-18 up mt hood a bit of the way...... man i really need an engine cage
This mount hood? How high up can you go on a bike peak is at 11,250

JoH

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
This mount hood? How high up can you go on a bike peak is at 11,250

JoH
never seen it from that point of view lol but ya i live down at the base of it in welches oregon :) i hadnt gone that far up tho just up to the end of forest service road 18 and that only goes up maybe to 2500ft at most

·
Registered
99 Posts
Might be of interest. Pulled the throttle sleeve, found gunk was slowing return. Found the second adjuster for the cable down near the throttle body. Funny place. Polished the bar (some scoring and weirdness), cleaned everything, lubed the cables, and put chain wax on the bar where the sleeve turns. Reassembled and adjusted play. Works great now!

Last effort was to put on an LED flasher brake light system. Much more visible now.

MRA windshield coming before the weekend.

Next will be a go-through on valves, plugs, air filter etc. Everything that's under there!

And the VStrom will get the inherent chain misalignment fixed. Explains the number of chains and sprockets it has been through in its colorful life.

Guzzi doesn't need a thing except the routine oil and rear tire change (they last about the same amount of miles!!!)

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
I installed a set of DENALI DM lights onto the GREEN HORNET TOO. I'll post a thread w/ pics in a few minutes.

... high up can you go on a bike peak is at 11,250

JoH
A member from India has had his up to either 15,000 or 18,000', forget which.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not necessarily today, but I've added a new stylus to hang on the Ram phone mount and a pet carrier for the pillion. Maybe a Denali loud horn will be next. Sounds feeble when I read that. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
Not necessarily today, but I've added a new stylus to hang on the Ram phone mount and a pet carrier for the pillion. Maybe a Denali loud horn will be next. Sounds feeble when I read that. :D
I can recommend the WOLO Bad Boy horns from Harbor-Freight (or Princess Auto in Canada). Sounds like a Kenworth or Peterbilt horn...!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I can recommend the WOLO Bad Boy horns from Harbor-Freight (or Princess Auto in Canada). Sounds like a Kenworth or Peterbilt horn...!
careful with those, last TWO i bought were DOA so keep your receipt

·
Registered
128 Posts
OMG... I'm still looking for the top piece from my new Rox risers that I dropped somewhere IN the bike... I don't want to talk about it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
OMG... I'm still looking for the top piece from my new Rox risers that I dropped somewhere IN the bike... I don't want to talk about it.
do you have a magnet on a stick?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice thought -- but it's aluminum. I already checked. Bah.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Nice thought -- but it's aluminum. I already checked. Bah.
ok a crane and some straps.. put straps thru the wheels and lift it upside down and shake the **** out of it =p

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
stared the bike after a long rest and not good response, despite the battery been well kept under charger. Check and found batter terminals connection were lose. Set thing in the proper order and she is back to her old tune.

So guys, just check your battery terminals as they do tend to get lose.

1 - 20 of 1386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.