Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
161 - 180 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had a shop install new sidestand becuase its cheap and the old one was janky and a little bit loose. Raises my heart rate every time it shifts when I am mounting/unmounting my bike.

Also picked up OEM seat for my Versys 650 because the original for my bike had its foam shaved by the previous owner. Old foam was also softer which reduced the height enough that my legs feel cramped and I would actually have cramps for longish rides.

Am I the only one that likes the stock seat of the Versys 650?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Beautiful blue-sky day !
It was a nice day, little warm but no rain. If you ever decide to check out the Skyway Motorway in east Alabama, the ride itself is nice but don't expect great overlooks like on the Appalachian Parkway. I stopped at a couple but the views were non-existent. But the motorway itself is fun to ride, lots of twisties and hills. I uploaded a 3 minute, low res video to YouTube that gives an idea of what to expect. (Not sure how to get a higher resolution video uploaded. Need to research that). Watch for the wild turkeys running across the road starting at about 1:09.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
925 Posts
It was a nice day, little warm but no rain. If you ever decide to check out the Skyway Motorway in east Alabama, the ride itself is nice but don't expect great overlooks like on the Appalachian Parkway. I stopped at a couple but the views were non-existent. But the motorway itself is fun to ride, lots of twisties and hills. I uploaded a 3 minute, low res video to YouTube that gives an idea of what to expect. (Not sure how to get a higher resolution video uploaded. Need to research that). Watch for the wild turkeys running across the road starting at about 1:09.

That looks like a nice ride ! Aside from the turkeys, looked like you had the road to yourself -- even better !

EDIT: I've been on that road ! (In my truck/camper) -- we camped several times at Cheaha State Park (Highest point in Alabama). We need to plan another trip there and I need to take the bike ! (It's been 5-6 years since I've been there ... but we have friends in Munford/Taladega ... so need to go back!)

Thanks !
JT

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm on vacation ( I finally changed my job to which it will now be profitable to travel every day by motorbike, 60% closer to home and almost 40% higher salary )

so I do chain adjustment today,

Few days ago mailman bring me this from aliexpress:

( Last one I destroyed, I try to convert to laser chain alignment but I didn't succeed, the laser moved during gluing with two-component glue and the laser doesn't go straight but "runs away" a little to the side. I'll have to try to peel that glue off and do it again. If I manage to make the laser stand straight it will be posted here. )

I can say this new one is good.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
925 Posts
I'm on vacation ( I finally changed my job to which it will now be profitable to travel every day by motorbike, 60% closer to home and almost 40% higher salary )

so I do chain adjustment today,

Few days ago mailman bring me this from aliexpress:

( Last one I destroyed, I try to convert to laser chain alignment but I didn't succeed, the laser moved during gluing with two-component glue and the laser doesn't go straight but "runs away" a little to the side. I'll have to try to peel that glue off and do it again. If I manage to make the laser stand straight it will be posted here. )

I can say this new one is good.

View attachment 189345
View attachment 189346 View attachment 189347
Congratulations on the new job, and the well aligned chain 👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had a shop install new sidestand becuase its cheap and the old one was janky and a little bit loose. Raises my heart rate every time it shifts when I am mounting/unmounting my bike.

Also picked up OEM seat for my Versys 650 because the original for my bike had its foam shaved by the previous owner. Old foam was also softer which reduced the height enough that my legs feel cramped and I would actually have cramps for longish rides.

Am I the only one that likes the stock seat of the Versys 650?
I could have sold you mine. I replaced mine with a low sargent seat.

161 - 180 of 302 Posts