Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2013 v650
385 Posts
My wife and I went for a 200 mile ride down to VA rt 33 and then up the Blue Ridge Parkway, then back home on small country roads.
We normally take the bigger Concours C10 but are thinking of a small pull behind camper with the bike in the bed of the truck, and wanted to do more than just around town on the V to see how it works for us. The ride was acceptable for both of us and see no reason not to do more. My wife did not a little more vibration and is not a fan of the raised center section of the passenger seat. This is on the stock seat.

Sky Tire Land vehicle Wheel Plant
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Water
Sky Water Azure Natural environment Natural landscape
Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
Technically I did not do this today, but I did discover it today and I am still cussing about it. View attachment 188287
IF you have the necessities to plug it your self - you MIGHT get a surprise. I had one of those, got all set-up to plug it. I 'pulled' my screw and got a BIG surprise - no HISS of escaping air.

The nail was ONLY in the tread block. Good luck...!

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
Went out today to the local airport to watch a WW2 de Havilland Mosquito twin-engined fighter-bomber arrive, to go on display.

Aircraft Propeller Aerospace manufacturer Propeller Wheel

I found a good vantage point, then watched for about an hour till someone riding a bicycle past me, told me the airplane hadn't come, due to a 'mechanical' issue.

Too bad, as it's lightweight, made from plywood, c/w TWO Rolls-Royce Merlin supercharged V-12 engines, so sounds INCREDIBLE, and one of the FASTEST non-jet WW2 aircraft. So fast that it was used to take photos for targeting, w/out guns or armor because it was way faster than the German fighters.

I've seen them w/ either 4 or 8 machine-guns/cannons in the nose, or w/ a plastic nose for the bomb aimer.

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
305 Posts
IF you have the necessities to plug it your self - you MIGHT get a surprise. I had one of those, got all set-up to plug it. I 'pulled' my screw and got a BIG surprise - no HISS of escaping air.

The nail was ONLY in the tread block. Good luck...!
OEM tire, tube type. I reinflated the tire to 32psi and 24 hrs later not enough air to register on the gauge. I think I have located a tube locally. I'll have to take the wheel off and take it to a shop to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
179 Posts
I sold my 2019 Versys 650 on 07 Jun. I had to let her go due to increasing trouble with the right knee including a surgery to remove a Baker's cyst that had developed behind it in Feb this year. leading to an almost complete loss of sensation in the entire foot region. And now, I am to undergo a total knee replacement sometime in Aug, depending on the availability of the operation theatre in the super speciality hosiptal near my home.

The following pics of the last ride on the Versys to Lonar crater with some members of the Saddleborne Warriors riding group.

Water Plant Tree Botany Vegetation

The caption is in Marathi and says," Selfie point made from waste water bottles".

Plant Daytime Sky Smile Vertebrate

Ravi Manohar (an IT consultant, rides an Indian Scout) at left and self at right. We had stopped for a quick bite at wayside restaurent and this statue caught our eyes.

Building Sky Travel Facade Landscape

A panoramic shot. That thin blue horixzontal strip at left below the spur is the lake in the crate; the spur line above it is the rim of the crater. This is an 11th century Shiva temple in the Hemanpanthi style of architecture.

Temple Sleeve World Cap Travel

Mr Shailesh Sardar, our guide, explaining the carvings on the temple columns. This particular one depicts the churing of the ocean for nectar. The gods are shown pulling on the divine snake Vasuki who gave himself up to be the pull rope, who is tied to Mt Kailash which is used as the churn itself. One of the best known episodes from Hindu mythology here so this is the Wiki:

Sky Plant Body of water Grass Water

A perpetual stream feeding the Vishu kund (water reservoir) in the temple. 11 century Vijaynagar empire noblewomen used to bathe in this pool.

Sunglasses Plant Goggles Cap Mountain

On the way to the crater lake. Indians are notorious for a very poor civic sense and I apologise for the filth seen around. 300 steep stone steps in all. Some originals from the 11th century, others by the Archeological Survey of India.

Clothing Glasses Vision care Water Plant

The crater lake behind me. This was the off season; during the monsoons, the rim and walls are all green.

That's all from me. This wil be my last posting here as I will leave the community now; I do not own or ride a Versys so am no longer eligible to be here.

This has been THE best source of Versys knowledge to me over the past three years of ownership of the bike and I shall forever treasure the memories of our association. fasteddiecopeman, fastoman and others have been of immense help to me. I have asked the new owner - Amrendra Joshi - to apply for membership here so that he too gains from the immense repository here.

Ride Safe, Live Strong. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
671 Posts
Hope you don't nail it next time either 🤦🏼‍♂️😉👍🏻

·
Registered
259 Posts
I sold my 2019 Versys 650 on 07 Jun. I had to let her go due to increasing trouble with the right knee including a surgery to remove a Baker's cyst that had developed behind it in Feb this year. leading to an almost complete loss of sensation in the entire foot region. And now, I am to undergo a total knee replacement sometime in Aug, depending on the availability of the operation theatre in the super speciality hosiptal near my home.

The following pics of the last ride on the Versys to Lonar crater with some members of the Saddleborne Warriors riding group.

The caption is in Marathi and says," Selfie point made from waste water bottles".

Ravi Manohar (an IT consultant, rides an Indian Scout) at left and self at right. We had stopped for a quick bite at wayside restaurent and this statue caught our eyes.

A panoramic shot. That thin blue horixzontal strip at left below the spur is the lake in the crate; the spur line above it is the rim of the crater. This is an 11th century Shiva temple in the Hemanpanthi style of architecture.

Mr Shailesh Sardar, our guide, explaining the carvings on the temple columns. This particular one depicts the churing of the ocean for nectar. The gods are shown pulling on the divine snake Vasuki who gave himself up to be the pull rope, who is tied to Mt Kailash which is used as the churn itself. One of the best known episodes from Hindu mythology here so this is the Wiki:

A perpetual stream feeding the Vishu kund (water reservoir) in the temple. 11 century Vijaynagar empire noblewomen used to bathe in this pool.

On the way to the crater lake. Indians are notorious for a very poor civic sense and I apologise for the filth seen around. 300 steep stone steps in all. Some originals from the 11th century, others by the Archeological Survey of India.

The crater lake behind me. This was the off season; during the monsoons, the rim and walls are all green.

That's all from me. This wil be my last posting here as I will leave the community now; I do not own or ride a Versys so am no longer eligible to be here.

This has been THE best source of Versys knowledge to me over the past three years of ownership of the bike and I shall forever treasure the memories of our association. fasteddiecopeman, fastoman and others have been of immense help to me. I have asked the new owner - Amrendra Joshi - to apply for membership here so that he too gains from the immense repository here.

Ride Safe, Live Strong. Take care.
Thank you for all of your interesting posts. Wishing you a speedy recovery and the very best in your journey through life!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Got back yesterday after a 7-day/2,010 all-backroad mile jaunt thru 3 mountain ranges, and attending (10th time) the Americade Rally in upstate New York. The Versys was flawless, and other than being a handful in stiff cross-winds, was a great mid-sized sport-touring mount. The lack of a center stand made chain-lubing/tire inspections more hassle than I'm accustomed to from prior bikes, even using a Snap-Jack. The Michelin Road 5 tires I had put on right before the trip worked great in the mountain twisties, and during the day and a half of "liquid sunshine" I encountered.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

101 - 120 of 133 Posts