Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
341 - 360 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
275 Posts
Well, it is rainy today, so I cannot go hard. But after throttle bodies sync it is much smoother. Gentle.

How to check if you need to do bodies sync. Find a straight close road, kick 1st gear and ride on idle. If the bike is jerky, time for sync.

Also I want to report about my new wind protection mod. Works amazing. Just need to fix vibration on idle. Maybe sticky tape or some foam will do the trick.

I am talking about this, white plastic stuff.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, it is rainy today, so I cannot go hard. But after throttle bodies sync it is much smoother. Gentle.

How to check if you need to do bodies sync. Find a straight close road, kick 1st gear and ride on idle. If the bike is jerky, time for sync.

Also I want to report about my new wind protection mod. Works amazing. Just need to fix vibration on idle. Maybe sticky tape or some foam will do the trick.

I am talking about this, white plastic stuff.

View attachment 191021
Hi @DmitryS

Nice one on the wind deflector, if it works that's all it takes ;)... To be honest, I just don't like the aesthetics... Any way you can fix it under the side fairings (same screws), reshaping it so it contours the fuel tank?... Just a thought... ✌✌

·
Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
275 Posts
Aestetics will be fixed after we win the war. Now no time for this. Yes, it works, I tried it today at +6C. There is a downside on this - you start to mention more that your shoulders getting cold. Need to improve wind deflection there.

As for aesthetics, I was thinking about getting the same plastic but in Grey color to match other fairings.

New suzuki v strom 800 de has the same deflector in more pleasant way.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Yellow

·
Registered
142 Posts
Today mine made it into the shed for the winter.
No sad pictures included.
It is not winterized yet, but over the next few days it will happen.

The morning there was a couple of inches of snow, the dash display informed me that there was ice and the Dunlop Sportmax D222 rear tire sealed the deal with rather poor power delivery, I was better to get off and push.
Any day now there will be salt spread around the streets with piles at intersections, that stuff is evil on metal components.

I now await Spring and the first decent rain to wash the salt away.

·
Super Moderator
22,010 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,010 Posts
I rode to help w/ some food-bank stuff this AM, leaving at 0700. COLD, so I helped while wearing my riding-gear, at least I DID till about 0900 when I was starting to get hot, so removed my inner riding jacket as well as the outer jacket.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yesterday I took last ride for this year.
60 miles on 44-50°F. Full winter gear, wind/water proof linign in jacket and in pants, heated grips on maximum and summer gloves.
It was nice day for ride, it wasnt cold for body, only top of fingers on my hands and foots was little colder, but road was not to clean so V650 was really dirty.

Today I clean V650 as much as I could , lube chain and some other stuff, stuck socks in the intake manifold so that the mouse wouldn't get to the filter and make a mess, coated the iron parts with WD40 to protect them from possible rust, coated the front shock absorbers and shock absorber rubber with WD40.
Filled the tank almost to the top, checked the battery and that's it. I just have to disconnect the battery and that would be it for this year.
Placed several mousetraps in the room where the motorcycle is, and placed bait for mice or rats (poison), and covered the motorcycle .

The motorcycle will rest until spring , unless by some chance the weather will be warm and the road dry around the new year, so I will ride a bit and of course clean the motorcycle again.

Earlier today, the delivery service brought me a package with a new helmet that I ordered a few days ago.
Right helmet are old (bought in 2019 and driven 28,500 km ) , left are new. Totaly same model only different color. I caught a discount from €300 to €150 and ordered it immediately.
So old helmet I will sold and new will wait spring for first ride probably.
Helmet Sports equipment Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports gear Bicycle helmet

·
Registered
136 Posts
Beautiful weather here today (upper 60's to low 70's) so I took it for a spin. I wanted to check out a county road that was supposed to loop around and intersect the main road. Two lane black top got pretty narrow and turned into dirt. No problem... kept going. Dirt got narrow and ended up at a dead end (wasn't supposed to do that). Unfortunately, the track was now muddy with lots of broken bricks. Down I went as I came to a stop. Took a bit to get her back on her feet, no harm done. A little boo-boo on my knee is all. Still a good ride.

Plant Automotive tire Tree Motor vehicle Landscape

·
Super Moderator
22,010 Posts
341 - 360 of 366 Posts