Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
321 - 340 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Versys 650
23 Posts
Rode up to WA to go toodle around through the woods (Gifford Pinchot national forest). Started off with Panther Creek falls, then worked my way over near Mt. Adams. First time being on any sort of non-paved road, and the Versys continues to impress.

Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Vegetation
People in nature Natural landscape Wood Paint Trunk
Sky Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Tire
Flower Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion
Plant Natural landscape Road surface Wood Asphalt
Sky Vehicle Ecoregion Natural landscape Water

The last 20 minutes or so of my off-road adventure was awfully sketchy with the road being comprised of massive hunks of 'gravel' with enormous ruts like small canyons carved into the middle. Definitely not somewhere I had any business being with no real off-road experience. The bike only decided to take one short nap in the sand, but I was able to get it back up and on my way in short order.

Very sore/tired.

Bike's getting a much needed and well-deserved bath tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rode up to WA to go toodle around through the woods (Gifford Pinchot national forest). Started off with Panther Creek falls, then worked my way over near Mt. Adams. First time being on any sort of non-paved road, and the Versys continues to impress.

Very sore/tired.

Bike's getting a much needed and well-deserved bath tomorrow.
I drove all over WA. Mount Rainer, the Peninsula, the coast, as long as you stay on the improved dirt roads, the Versys can handle it. I really miss it at times.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
275 Posts
Very nice pics -- and beautiful country.

Those pot-holes in the road look pretty deep -- I guess you dodge those when you can !
Yes, they are about half a foot deep and with sharp edges. Also we have inaccurate road patches, hills from heavy trucks, sand and gravel on turns and other stuff that makes driving funnier. That's why I'm looking for 90/10 tires instead of pirelly angel st.

·
Registered
versys 650 2008 orange
275 Posts
Fabricated a new detail for wind protection. It will be mounted on top of the fuel tank to close the gap between handlebar and fuel tank.
Wood Sleeve Gesture Wood stain Hardwood

Will post picture when russian terrorists will stop send rockets here. Heard 3 if them in the morning. Some of them were shot down
Sky Plant Blue Branch Twig

321 - 340 of 366 Posts