Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
301 - 320 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
1,090 Posts
Nice and beautiful sunny day so i take 160 km ride (at least I thought it would be sunny the whole way )

I again find mushroms and take them home, this time they are hugh size

After 80 km of ride little rain start so I take shelter until rain stop approximately 15-20 minutes,

But on returning to home 30km from my home I get in some kind of sudden storm, very strong wind, ultra heavy rain and small ice (HAIL).
At the last minute I managed to duck under a small covered bus stop with motorbike to escape the hail and rain. But since the bus stop is relatively small, and the wind was blowin in that way that it carries the rain under the bus stop, my entire right side of my body was in the heavy rain for 2-4 minutes, and I was soaked to the skin.
I drove home 20-30km/h over the speed limit (country road 90% of the way to my house, no people and no police) to get home as soon as possible and take off wet clothes and warm up under a hot shower.

Mostly an interesting ride and it will be a nice dinner again :)

View attachment 190486

View attachment 190487

View attachment 190488

View attachment 190489

View attachment 190490

View attachment 190491
Sounds fun ! (Except for the rain and hail ?!)

Hope you got the bike in the dry and the chain all cleaned and lubed after that storm !

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sounds fun ! (Except for the rain and hail ?!)

Hope you got the bike in the dry and the chain all cleaned and lubed after that storm !
The chain is still quite greasy after the ride, as I lubricated it well before the ride today
Tomorrow is the day for cleaning and lubing whole motorcycle.
A very large amount of rain spread dirt on the road and I had to drive over it. . So the motorcycle is dirty as well as my boots and pants.
So tomorrow I have to clean the whole motorcycle, and it is possible that this was the last motorcycle ride this year ( I hope not. :) ). Bad weather is coming and I have work to do around the house, so the V650 will have to wait for some nicer and drier weather to ride.

And the best thing is when I came home everything was dry and the sun was shining, but in 30 km from the house to the hill it was very cloudy and it was raining a lot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've really enjoyed the ride photos, albeit with just a wee bit of envy. Glad to see that you have made it safely home.

The only ride I have done this week is to ride about 65 miles down the road to a veggie stand to get some fresh tomatoes and a few packs of Georgia peanuts. I did see some nice sunflowers though. :)

Flower Plant Sky Petal Tree

·
Registered
Green 2015 versys 650 LT
10 Posts
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

Longmont to Grand Lake via Trailridge Rd in Rocky Mountain National park and back to Estes Park and back home via Peak to Peak hwy.
Cloud Sky Plant Plant community People in nature

Cloud Sky Mountain Slope Highland

Tire Cloud Wheel Land vehicle Plant

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Mountain Highland

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Ecoregion

Cloud Sky Ecoregion Natural landscape Road surface

Property Ecoregion Map Font World

Font Slope Parallel Terrestrial plant Plot

@5280 Roadrunner - Thought of sending a message last night when I decided on this at the last minute. Had to leave early to make it into the park before reservations kick in.

The National Parks are truly a National Treasure!!
It is the Elk rutting season and got a display of the bugling and herding and two big bulls clashing. Beautiful day, beautiful place, a responsive machine, one very happy rider :)

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
View attachment 190700
Longmont to Grand Lake via Trailridge Rd in Rocky Mountain National park and back to Estes Park and back home via Peak to Peak hwy.
View attachment 190698
View attachment 190697
View attachment 190701
View attachment 190696
View attachment 190699
View attachment 190694

View attachment 190693
View attachment 190692
@5280 Roadrunner - Thought of sending a message last night when I decided on this at the last minute. Had to leave early to make it into the park before reservations kick in.

The National Parks are truly a National Treasure!!
It is the Elk rutting season and got a display of the bugling and herding and two big bulls clashing. Beautiful day, beautiful place, a responsive machine, one very happy rider :)
Great pictures and looks like you had a great ride. Glad to see Trail Ridge road was open

301 - 320 of 366 Posts