Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
241 - 260 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got new Perilli Scorpion Trail II tires today. Look good... first thing I noticed on the short ride home though is they seem to be really NOISY. Hopefully that will moderate with a few miles, plus I didn't have earplugs in. So we'll see. Not the best weather forecast for the next week but I'm hoping to get a bit of a ride in soon. Also noticed the chain seems a little tight now, so I need to address that tomorrow and make sure it is adjusted properly.
Edit: Yeah, only about 1/2" on the chain. Too tight I think. Specs say 1 to 1.4 inches. What a pain.
Edit2: Adjusted the chain but I'm not happy with the alignment. Pretty sure it is OK, but I did order a chain alignment tool to double check before I do any riding. Weather is not going to be too good for the next few days anyway.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice beautifuly day, so I take 150km ride. Fuel consumption was 3.646l /100km ( ~ 64.5 mpg ).
For the next 2 weeks the V650 will be waiting covered until I get back from training for a new job 1500km from home.

Also in the middle of driving through the forest, I came across fine edible mushrooms, my favorite Macrolepiota procera . (In Croatia we call them Velika sunčanica)
So I picked 7 mushrooms and took them home and we had a nice dinner.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of what dinner looks like, but these mushrooms are the most delicious when dipped in pancake mix and placed in hot oil.
Motorcycle helmet Motor vehicle Helmet Sports gear Vehicle

Since I picked them up 70 km from home, they broke a little in the top box.

Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Table

·
Super Moderator
21,790 Posts
I used to harvest wild mushrooms when I had a farm in eastern Ontario. My FAVES = shaggy mains.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Nice painting on the silo. Eastern Ontario has some really unique architecture and interesting roads. Did you ride the Calabogie boogie (511)?
No, mostly Hwy 7 and 43 Eastbound, then home on Hwy 2 from the start to Coburg. 2 is slow going and passes through lots of towns and cities, but it's nice along the St Lawrence River,

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
921 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
449 Posts
I hope you don't get in a place that doesn't have water-- lots of water outages in NW Mississippi !

That looks like a typical MS road from my experience 😂

Looking forward to future documentation of the trip 👍🏻
I went north around the flooding.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
921 Posts
Another ride up to the Hang Glider launch -- my wife hadn't been there, and it was nice yesterday evening.

Blue skies and sunshine - and cool in the shade. Cool enough that my wife borrowed my shirt for a jacket on the way home. T-shirt and mesh jacket was really nice for me.

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Automotive lighting

241 - 260 of 302 Posts