Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2020 Gen3 650
169 Posts
Took a 400 mile trip to ride with my dad. Came back home to install the centerstand and sadly it interferes with the Footpeg Lowering Blocks. Had to remove that for now. I'll be looking into other lowering options but for now the centerstand is worth the sacrifice

· Registered
2020 Gen3 650
169 Posts
rode in to work last week since the weather turned nice. Then took it out into the woods nearby to ride the fire trails this past Saturday, about a 3 hour trek. Wore me slap out

about to pull the ECU to send to be flashed. The jerky throttle at low speeds bothers me and is fatiguing, I don't want it acting like this when I take it to the Tail of the Dragon in a few months
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Plant Fuel tank

Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar

· Registered
2020 Gen3 650
169 Posts
Cleaned and lubed the chain liberally, then took it out to drive on some pavement I'd designed (civil engineer). Stopped by one bridge project to see the progress and snapped a few pics by the water.
I was very cold. Cold weather gear doesn't make much sense in FL but I may need to spring for some. Even the 50's chills me to the bone on the bike
Sky Plant Water Cloud Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

· Registered
2020 Gen3 650
169 Posts
I'm on vacation ( I finally changed my job to which it will now be profitable to travel every day by motorbike, 60% closer to home and almost 40% higher salary )

so I do chain adjustment today,

Few days ago mailman bring me this from aliexpress:

( Last one I destroyed, I try to convert to laser chain alignment but I didn't succeed, the laser moved during gluing with two-component glue and the laser doesn't go straight but "runs away" a little to the side. I'll have to try to peel that glue off and do it again. If I manage to make the laser stand straight it will be posted here. )

I can say this new one is good.
it bothers me to no end that the markings on the swing arm are COMPLETELY USELESS for aligning the chain... I chased my tail quite a bit figuring that out and bought a very similar chain adjustment tool to what you're using.

As for what I did today, I realized after a ride last night that my chain went slack again and is hitting my centerstand bracket again, so I'm due for a chain adjustment as well. I also "checked" the chain stretch on the sprocket and saw no issues, so it's just time for a tightenin'. Nearly 5000 miles on the clock, so I sure hope the factory chain is still in good shape!

· Registered
2020 Gen3 650
169 Posts
Installed the rear fender mud guard today. Kinda surprised that the factory doesn't include it, I mean it couldn't increase the bike cost but a few bucks. Couldn't get that damn plug out of the swing arm, snapped the top clean off and I have the tool for removing it. Oh well just ran a sheet metal screw into it along with putting a rubber grommet thru the hole. Won't get the front fender extender till 1st of next month. Will take the fender off, not drilling that close to the tire not with my luck. Oh forgot I added a bit of foam to the "nuts section" of the seat to keep from sliding up. Works great helps to cradle the butt where it belongs.
The rear hugger is a simple and cheap mod. Good call on removing the front fender or at least loosening it. I drilled right into my finger installing a front fender on mine... felt like a dope. I don't know if it's possible to fully remove the front fender without removing a lot of other stuff, maybe even the tire, but loosening it at least helps to avoid drilling the tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts