Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What did you do on your Versys today?/ 2024 Hey Include Some Photos!!

82K views 955 replies 93 participants last post by  JT in GA 
I did a 50 mile ride to Lake Chabot near by. I must remember to take some pictures of the bike and destination next time.

To catch up finished my first electrical project on the bike. I installed the Garmin Zumo xt. Tapped into the aux cable using some posi-taps to get switched power. And finally cleaned up everything with zip ties and tape to leave it clean. The pleasure even doing a small project on ones bike is immense

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

I did the unthinkable! I tipped over pulling a u-turn in a parking lot and shattered the right mid-fairing where the turn signal mounts. Excuse my lack of photos, hurt my shoulder and crushed my ego a bit so I'm hiding in my house licking my wounds.
Done that, First thing they should tell people to do is to remove those metal clips in turn signal

Had a shop install new sidestand becuase its cheap and the old one was janky and a little bit loose. Raises my heart rate every time it shifts when I am mounting/unmounting my bike.

Also picked up OEM seat for my Versys 650 because the original for my bike had its foam shaved by the previous owner. Old foam was also softer which reduced the height enough that my legs feel cramped and I would actually have cramps for longish rides.

Am I the only one that likes the stock seat of the Versys 650?
I could have sold you mine. I replaced mine with a low sargent seat.