Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What did you do on your Versys today?/ 2024 Hey Include Some Photos!!

82K views 955 replies 93 participants last post by  JT in GA 
I knew it was going to be a nice day today, but a little chilly when I left a little after 0900 (about 50F). Went northeast to an old covered bridge, took some photos, back home via some narrow 2 lane country roads. This is supposedly the longest covered bridge in Georgia that you can still drive across. It was well into the upper 60's by the time I got home. Right now it is 84F. About 100 miles and 3 hours on the bike including the stop at the bridge.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

@dlwilliams48 where's that bridge? My wife and I recently did a "covered bridge" ride up around Sevierville/Townsend up in TN ... seems like I should do the same in good ole GA 👍🏻
This one is east of Columbus, about halfway between Columbus and Macon. Auchumpkee Creek covered bridge. 32.756911367816514, -84.22969781575569. Fair number of covered bridges in Georgia.

Changed the oil and filter, lubed the chain. Actually the chain didn't seem to need adjusting after installing the lowering kit. Taking it for a spin tomorrow to see how it feels. I found a website that listed "the best motorcycle rides" in every state, and one of them for Georgia is a ride I do fairly regularly. So I will probably do that one.

Edit: Did the aforementioned ride up the road, through a state park with some nice twisties, and back home via another road. About 70 miles. Really nice morning to ride. I find the bike feels much more stable for me when stopped at a light or stop sign. Before it felt a little unstable and really top heavy, especially if I was tired after having ridden for a while. It feels sooo much better now. Well worth installing that lowering kit, at least for me. I think I need to tweak the suspension just a bit now. Also noticed that the shifting seems a lot smoother with the Mobil 1. Overall very pleased right now.

Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Automotive tire

Plant Sky Wheel Tire Natural landscape

Beautiful blue-sky day !
It was a nice day, little warm but no rain. If you ever decide to check out the Skyway Motorway in east Alabama, the ride itself is nice but don't expect great overlooks like on the Appalachian Parkway. I stopped at a couple but the views were non-existent. But the motorway itself is fun to ride, lots of twisties and hills. I uploaded a 3 minute, low res video to YouTube that gives an idea of what to expect. (Not sure how to get a higher resolution video uploaded. Need to research that). Watch for the wild turkeys running across the road starting at about 1:09.

Got new Perilli Scorpion Trail II tires today. Look good... first thing I noticed on the short ride home though is they seem to be really NOISY. Hopefully that will moderate with a few miles, plus I didn't have earplugs in. So we'll see. Not the best weather forecast for the next week but I'm hoping to get a bit of a ride in soon. Also noticed the chain seems a little tight now, so I need to address that tomorrow and make sure it is adjusted properly.
Edit: Yeah, only about 1/2" on the chain. Too tight I think. Specs say 1 to 1.4 inches. What a pain.
Edit2: Adjusted the chain but I'm not happy with the alignment. Pretty sure it is OK, but I did order a chain alignment tool to double check before I do any riding. Weather is not going to be too good for the next few days anyway.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle