Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What did you do on your Versys today?/ 2024 Hey Include Some Photos!!

82K views 955 replies 93 participants last post by  JT in GA 
I'm on vacation ( I finally changed my job to which it will now be profitable to travel every day by motorbike, 60% closer to home and almost 40% higher salary )

so I do chain adjustment today,

Few days ago mailman bring me this from aliexpress:

( Last one I destroyed, I try to convert to laser chain alignment but I didn't succeed, the laser moved during gluing with two-component glue and the laser doesn't go straight but "runs away" a little to the side. I'll have to try to peel that glue off and do it again. If I manage to make the laser stand straight it will be posted here. )

I can say this new one is good.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Gas Motor vehicle

Nice beautifuly day, so I take 150km ride. Fuel consumption was 3.646l /100km ( ~ 64.5 mpg ).
For the next 2 weeks the V650 will be waiting covered until I get back from training for a new job 1500km from home.

Also in the middle of driving through the forest, I came across fine edible mushrooms, my favorite Macrolepiota procera . (In Croatia we call them Velika sunčanica)
So I picked 7 mushrooms and took them home and we had a nice dinner.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of what dinner looks like, but these mushrooms are the most delicious when dipped in pancake mix and placed in hot oil.
Motorcycle helmet Motor vehicle Helmet Sports gear Vehicle

Since I picked them up 70 km from home, they broke a little in the top box.

Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Table

Nice and beautiful sunny day so i take 160 km ride (at least I thought it would be sunny the whole way )

I again find mushroms and take them home, this time they are hugh size

After 80 km of ride little rain start so I take shelter until rain stop approximately 15-20 minutes,

But on returning to home 30km from my home I get in some kind of sudden storm, very strong wind, ultra heavy rain and small ice (HAIL).
At the last minute I managed to duck under a small covered bus stop with motorbike to escape the hail and rain. But since the bus stop is relatively small, and the wind was blowin in that way that it carries the rain under the bus stop, my entire right side of my body was in the heavy rain for 2-4 minutes, and I was soaked to the skin.
I drove home 20-30km/h over the speed limit (country road 90% of the way to my house, no people and no police) to get home as soon as possible and take off wet clothes and warm up under a hot shower.

Mostly an interesting ride and it will be a nice dinner again :)

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Plant Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle

Plant Plant community Mushroom Terrestrial plant Natural landscape

Plant Natural environment Mushroom Wood Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Mushroom

Plant Textile Toy Fruit Tableware

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Deep frying

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Staple food

Food Tableware Dishware Ingredient Recipe

Sounds fun ! (Except for the rain and hail ?!)

Hope you got the bike in the dry and the chain all cleaned and lubed after that storm !
The chain is still quite greasy after the ride, as I lubricated it well before the ride today
Tomorrow is the day for cleaning and lubing whole motorcycle.
A very large amount of rain spread dirt on the road and I had to drive over it. . So the motorcycle is dirty as well as my boots and pants.
So tomorrow I have to clean the whole motorcycle, and it is possible that this was the last motorcycle ride this year ( I hope not. :) ). Bad weather is coming and I have work to do around the house, so the V650 will have to wait for some nicer and drier weather to ride.

And the best thing is when I came home everything was dry and the sun was shining, but in 30 km from the house to the hill it was very cloudy and it was raining a lot.

Yesterday I took last ride for this year.
60 miles on 44-50°F. Full winter gear, wind/water proof linign in jacket and in pants, heated grips on maximum and summer gloves.
It was nice day for ride, it wasnt cold for body, only top of fingers on my hands and foots was little colder, but road was not to clean so V650 was really dirty.

Today I clean V650 as much as I could , lube chain and some other stuff, stuck socks in the intake manifold so that the mouse wouldn't get to the filter and make a mess, coated the iron parts with WD40 to protect them from possible rust, coated the front shock absorbers and shock absorber rubber with WD40.
Filled the tank almost to the top, checked the battery and that's it. I just have to disconnect the battery and that would be it for this year.
Placed several mousetraps in the room where the motorcycle is, and placed bait for mice or rats (poison), and covered the motorcycle .

The motorcycle will rest until spring , unless by some chance the weather will be warm and the road dry around the new year, so I will ride a bit and of course clean the motorcycle again.

Earlier today, the delivery service brought me a package with a new helmet that I ordered a few days ago.
Right helmet are old (bought in 2019 and driven 28,500 km ) , left are new. Totaly same model only different color. I caught a discount from €300 to €150 and ordered it immediately.
So old helmet I will sold and new will wait spring for first ride probably.
Helmet Sports equipment Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Sports gear Bicycle helmet

Nice, hot and sunny day. Ideal for testing in hot weather new moto jeans and armored hoodie.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Cloud

And adding tool box.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Yesterday was really nice and sunny hot day. So I made good use of that nice weather
200km ride in 4 hours.

my route:

And I test chest gopro mount from aliexpress and create little video :)

After almost 2 years since the last service and barely 6000 km, I went for a regular service 200 km from home.

+ Added new sprockets and new chain.
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Locking hubs

And while I was waiting service guy to finish his job on my motorbike, I took his bicycle and go to near river (5-10 minutes from service) and enjoy in beautifull and sunny day, and swimming in beautiful river Korana.

3 hours of enjoyment, bathing and swimming.

Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

same place different time :)
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Plant

EXTREMELY dangerous to swim near a weir...!
100 meters upstream is the main beach and it was full of people and without a free place in the shade, so I swam and freshened up here.
Beaches are located on both sides of the river above and below the waterfall ( the city calls this waterfall and not weir, although weir is a more accurate description than waterfall ) .

One part of the waterfall is higher than the other part, so on the higher part there were several people sitting on the waterfall and walking on it when I was there.
These are local people who probably know what and where they are allowed and when.

I went there to see the waterfall where people was and than swam to a calmer part of the river to rest and enjoy.

When I go on vacation next month, I could come back to that place for 2-3 nights and enjoy swimming and resting.

This is waterfall during summer when water is much lower:
Water Plant Tree People on beach Bank

Sunny and hot sunday, ideal for nice ride through cold forest, total distance 150 km

I really like this sign on this part of road :)
Plant Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Sky

Map Water Slope Rectangle Font

And this is my favorite sign (It marks the point on the road from which all prohibitions on that road cease to apply. ) :D

Mirror Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

Final destination is nice artificial lake, where am I going to swim next week.
Water Sky Plant Cloud Tree

Maybe you have some video from this road?
Yes I have :)

When I uploaded to YouTube, than I realized that I didn't export the video in 1080p but in 720p, so the quality of the video is a little lower.

Yesterday 320km ride.
Visiting one city 130km from me where I never been, but it was affected really bad in our Homeland War, so I wish to visit it.

Sky Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Water tower and viewpoint from the top:
Sky Cloud Plant Building Tree

Sky Cloud Property Water Nature

Also I wisit Memorial centre of Homeland war Vukovar.

I could easy take 200 pictures minimum from that place, but here is couple of them:
Plant Sky Vehicle Asphalt Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Infrastructure Road surface

Sky Wheel Cannon Plant Tire

hand-made mine explosives
Organism Adaptation Font Wood Soil

and many many more picture which I take from that place.

After 3-4 hours of touring I go on lunch:
Grilled catfish with mangel and potatoes.

Food Tableware Ingredient Dishware Recipe

And today I wanted to take out the WD40 spray that I used to lubricate the chain every 130 km from the tool tube that I put on the motorcycle, and I noticed the following.
Missing cap and missing 400ml can of WD40.
I lubed the chain before I hit the highway for the last 50 kilometers of the trip.
I hope that the parts were not left somewhere on the road but flew off the road into a ditch .
Now i need to buy new tube because i can't find only cap on aliexpress.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

All in all, a very nice time spent driving and visiting the city.

After a minimum of 2 weeks without driving, today I did a 150km tour.
Nice sunny day without clouds.
I also came across edible mushrooms again on the same stretch where I found them last year.
Dinner is on the way :)

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Natural landscape

Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Baked goods

Sunday funday :)
Nice and sunny, but cold and windy day.
The will was strong, so I went for a short drive.
Probably the last one this year, but I hope it's not :)

I put on 2 thermal undershirts and one functional undershirt and over that an armored hoodie.
Regular functional long tights and armored pants on the legs.
Temperature was 10-13°C (50-55 °F)
Heated grips on maximum.
I see only 1 guy on motorbike in the 50 km traveled today.

Sky Cloud Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

Nice and sunny, but cold day, dry pavement.

I need to test my brand new jacket:

Temperature was between 4-6.5°C (39.2-43.7°F), so I use all layers from jacket, and for legs i use armored jeans and under them 2 layer functional long underwear.
It was great ride, 20km on highway, 70km local road. After 40 minutes I reach to McDonalds and i took 1 coffe latte to warm my fingers on hands.
Heated grips on maximum, but fingers are cold, I need to buy next year some winter gloves, or windproof gloves, because summer gloves are not for this low temperatures.

I had a nice ride, recharged my batteries after a busy week. Met only one motorcyclist on the way.

The jacket is great, I'm very satisfied with it, I just have to buy the same model and pants and then I'm equipped for all seasons (except gloves)

I am looking forward to next weekend, i.e. Saturday, since they are announcing even nicer weather than today, so that I can go for a ride again, probably the last one this year.

Sky Automotive tire Plant Helmet Mirror