Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts

Fitted the replacement stator yesterday
Changed the oil and filter and got out for a 3 hr jaunt through the Wicklow mountains

Not a trick of the light it is Red like cough syrup :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Need to canceled my trip and come back to home after only 3 days, since I start my trip.

The weather changed abruptly and from today until Saturday I would be accompanied by bad weather, strong wind and rain without sun. So unfortunately I had to turn around and go back home. (Good advantage when you live in a small country, you can get from one end of the country to the other end of the country within 10 hours, I was just 3.5 hours from home)

But here are some pictures from my short trip

Adriatic Sea in the distance.

First night at camp

Hungry after 5 hour driving and bathing in sea. Grilled calamari

Plomin power plant

The ship unloads coal for plant on the conveyor belt

It was short but great. I am overjoyed even though on the one hand I am disappointed that I had to interrupt the trip due to a sudden change of weather.
In the end, 3 kilometers from the house I was caught in heavy rain, I came home wet.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE
67 Posts
Need to canceled my trip and come back to home after only 3 days, since I start my trip.

The weather changed abruptly and from today until Saturday I would be accompanied by bad weather, strong wind and rain without sun. So unfortunately I had to turn around and go back home. (Good advantage when you live in a small country, you can get from one end of the country to the other end of the country within 10 hours, I was just 3.5 hours from home)

But here are some pictures from my short trip

View attachment 183767

Adriatic Sea in the distance.
View attachment 183768

First night at camp
View attachment 183769

Hungry after 5 hour driving and bathing in sea. Grilled calamari
View attachment 183770

Plomin power plant
View attachment 183771

The ship unloads coal for plant on the conveyor belt
View attachment 183772

View attachment 183773

View attachment 183774

View attachment 183775

It was short but great. I am overjoyed even though on the one hand I am disappointed that I had to interrupt the trip due to a sudden change of weather.
In the end, 3 kilometers from the house I was caught in heavy rain, I came home wet.
(y)Sometime you've just got to know when to fold em. Nice pics and you'll always be able to revisit the trip again in the future

·
Registered
453 Posts
(y)Sometime you've just got to know when to fold em. Nice pics and you'll always be able to revisit the trip again in the future
Next year I will try again same trip, or something similar.
I just need to buy side hard cases (or soft cases) for extra space, so I can carry stufft which I could not carry this time, like rain suit :)

Great photos
Looks like you had a great time even though it was cut short
just part 1 of the adventure :)
J
Short but again great.
Now I can spend the rest of my vacation fishing :)
And if the weather is nice next week I can go for a ride on a beautiful river 200km from me and camp for 1-2 days and swim and rest in peace.

Reactions: Gerinemo

·
Registered
402 Posts
Installed Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tires in stock sizes. 1oz of beads in the front and 2oz in the rear tire. I’m hoping these tires will last even longer than the Shinko 705’s I’ve been running for the past 3 years (3 fronts and 6 rears). They should be smoother and quieter on the highway, where I’ve been doing most of my riding for the past year, but with some loss of off road traction. Time will tell.

Also had a look at the chain, sprockets, brakes, oil level, lights and horn.

·
Super Moderator
20,641 Posts
... 1oz of beads in the front and 2oz in the rear tire....
I would suggest 1.5 oz of beads in the front (that's the amount that "DYNA BEADS" recommended when I first started using them) and the 2 oz in rears.

Did you get the 'special' valve stems? If not - be SURE to give a short 'shot' of air BEFORE checking pressures to blow any beads out of the valve.

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would suggest 1.5 oz of beads in the front (that's the amount that "DYNA BEADS" recommended when I first started using them) and the 2 oz in rears.

Did you get the 'special' valve stems? If not - be SURE to give a short 'shot' of air BEFORE checking pressures to blow any beads out of the valve.

(y)(y)

:cool:
Noted. A test ride at various speeds up to 140kph yesterday revealed no noticeable vibrations.
I have 90 degree aluminum valve stems installed facing to the right and have never had an issue with the beads getting stuck in the valve cores. I’m also careful to have the valve stems at the bottom when checking pressure - mainly because it is easier to access the stems and my portable air compressor has a short hose and I don’t like having the compressor dangling from the stem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well had these Led H7 sitting around for a while now
Cost €16 from Alixpress
Decided to have a go at fitting them & had to make a spacer to go on the H7 plastic plate the the bulb twists in to
made a wooden spacer on the wood lathe and soaked it in varnish then glued it to the plate
No laughing from the cheap seats please :)
Did not want to bend the spring in case i need to go back to std
Had to use the original Kawasaki adapter that plugs on to the H7 bulb

An attempt to be seen more than to see where I'm going as I don't be out on the bike that much at night

·
Registered
401 Posts
Still upgrading/improving things for a trip in October. Adding the MadStad (which is fantastic) introduced a small problem: the new screen extends out further than the OEM screen, allowing it to pick up quite a bit of light from the city light. I get a reflection AND the edges of the entire screen become illuminated. No bueno. So I'm working on a piece that will solve this problem. I'll be using Kydex, formed to the shape of the cowling; I put a test piece in and tried it this morning. Works a treat; now I have zero light bleed from the city light. I just need to clean the edges up a bit and actually secure it inside the cowling. It fits tightly and can withstand highway speeds as is but... probably not the best idea to ride with it not secured:) I like the FDE color against the factory black.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First ride this morning since putting on the Sargent seat. Did about 95 miles (chilly ride) on some 2 lane roads, some hills and twisties... good ride. Seat is certainly more comfortable than stock, just need some more miles to break it in.

·
Registered
17 Versys 650
4 Posts
Did a early morning ride to a 14000ft Mountain peak. Both me and versys were gasping for air at the summit. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still upgrading/improving things for a trip in October. Adding the MadStad (which is fantastic) introduced a small problem: the new screen extends out further than the OEM screen, allowing it to pick up quite a bit of light from the city light. I get a reflection AND the edges of the entire screen become illuminated. No bueno. So I'm working on a piece that will solve this problem. I'll be using Kydex, formed to the shape of the cowling; I put a test piece in and tried it this morning. Works a treat; now I have zero light bleed from the city light. I just need to clean the edges up a bit and actually secure it inside the cowling. It fits tightly and can withstand highway speeds as is but... probably not the best idea to ride with it not secured:) I like the FDE color against the factory black.
View attachment 183880
Had a similar issue with my madstad on my Vstrom. Mostly just illuminating the screen edge. I think I get a little of the same effect on my VX300. You could just paint the bottom inside section of the screen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First thing I did was 122 miles on some Georgia backroads, about 3 hours "in the saddle" with just a couple of brief stops. Sargent seat, second ride with it. Seems to do the job over stock seat. Second thing I did when I got home was to order a peg lowering kit from Speedy. I'm just a bit over 6' ith 32" inseam and while the ride isn't really uncomfortable, I figure the extra room will make it even more comfortable.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts