Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice beautiful sunny Sunday behind us. I drove 100 miles to a lake.
By the way, in the part of the road where you drive through the forest, I shot a bit with GoPro and along the way I made the first video ever and posted it on youtube :)

The ride was relatively slow as I almost crashed several times last time due to a lot of pebbles on the road after heavy rain, so this time I try avoid same situation with slower ride, but this time road was clear.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
171 Posts
27 Jun 21/ Lonavala

Lonavala is an immensely popular hill station near Pune (the word hill station harks back to the times of the British colonial rule. Brits being from a temperate climate used to feel extremely hot in the sub-tropical plains and used to go to the higher reaches of the hills for their summers. Dehradun, Mussoorie, Shimla, Ranikhet, Landsdown, Ooty, Lonavala, Panchgani etc were their creations)

Colonels Satvalakar 12 GUARDS (VS 650), Salvi 4 GUARDS (ret'd)(Africa Twin) and self rode one early morning to Lonavala for the famous grilled sandwiches at the MAPRO outlet. It was closed at about 0830h when we reached so we chatted over a cup of tea. At 1000h, we got our sandwiches (only takeaway as sit-down dining is closed over the weekend lockdown) and then went to a feature named Tabletop to tuck in. This is a small plateau on a spur running down from the main range.

Wonderful cool day with a light breeze and low clouds typical of this place.

L to R: Self, Col Salvi, Col Satvalekar.

Three beauties together

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
171 Posts
04 Jul 2021/Khandi Point

Khandi is a small place near Pune. Typical hilly terrain of MH. Tough, hardy men and women toiling to eke a living from the stony farms. The road to the point has been laid recently and it is one long smooth blacktop of wonderful curves amidst lush greenery.

I had been here earlier with other friends and had enjoyed the ride thoroughly. But this group was only rushing things and so, didn't enjoy it much. Will return with others who, like me, stop to admire the view and smell the roses.

I am at extreme left triggering the remote for the Bluetooth camera tripod.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Versys 650 LT
7 Posts
This seems familiar. I was just there 3 weeks ago. This past weekend, no riding for me but the weekend before was a trip out to Dolly Sods and Seneca Rocks. I'm out of Vienna VA now but previously was living in Richmond VA.

Reddish Knob
View attachment 183222

Seneca Rocks
View attachment 183223

Dolly Sods
View attachment 183225
Hey small world! I’ve been wanting to do the Seneca trip also. Never heard of Dolly Sods. I’ll have to look that one up! Looks like a great place to visit! Nice looking bike BTW 😜

·
Registered
21 Posts
Today, I rode the little V out to Dolly Sods. Either the OEM V650 tires are crap on gravel or the VX-300 just feels way more comfortable on gravel. Maybe both. Went through just after and then left during a rain storm. Nothing slimy, but the VX-300 felt planted and capable where the V650 had me more worried about losing grip. Same roads 3 weeks apart, VX300 in the wet wit Conti trail attacks and the V650 with the OEM tires.

Also, photos

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts
Went for a 'medium' short ride.

Watered my wife's community garden, rode around a small BC lake - Kalamalka Lk, then down to the liquor store for a couple of whiskies - "Jameson Caskmates IPA EDITION", as well as "The Glenlivet 12", so I expect we'll have a 'tasting' this afternoon....

(y)(y)

:p

·
Super Moderator
20,438 Posts
Went for a 'medium' short ride.

Watered my wife's community garden, rode around a small BC lake - Kalamalka Lk, then down to the liquor store for a couple of whiskies - "Jameson Caskmates IPA EDITION", as well as "The Glenlivet 12", so I expect we'll have a 'tasting' this afternoon....

(y)(y)

:p
And the "tasting" went VG!!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)

:love:

·
Registered
90 Posts
And the "tasting" went VG!!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)

:love:
The Irish IPA sounds interesting. I'm a fan of Writer's Tears and especially Green Spot. In the realm of scotch, just mark me down for anything Islay... heaven!

101 - 114 of 114 Posts