Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

141 - 160 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Added some conspiscuity/reflective to the new Trax cases. All I've been able to do since The Virus got bad is a few commutes, but hoping to get out for a good ride/social distancing this weekend, which technically unlawful in my state right now, but I'm considered "essential" so if I get stopped I just have to claim I'm headed to work. Of course, if I'm 100 miles from home in another state that might be tough to explain. "Sorry officer, damned GPS mis-routed me again." :^)

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Gotta love KLR features on a Versys.

How many zip ties are deployed? >:)
NONE!

Just did this in answer to someone (YEARS ago!) who said that at least Versys 650 owners don't use milk crates like KLR guys do...:wink2:.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got out yesterday for a bit of "distancing". We're not supposed to be out unless essentials are involved... and I understand the motive behind that. Sanity is an essential though, right? All the LEO's I passed just gave me a friendly wave; they'd be more likely to stop me to ask about the bike and talk about what they ride.

\

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
I've been tempted several times to strap a milk crate on the back... just as homage to the mighty KLR. But I have yet to give in.
And here's my "MIGHTY KLR" w/ its "KILLER CRATE", that could (and DID, regularly...:grin2:) carry THREE packs of 30 cans of beer!

H - Painted Rocks-Joe/109.JPG by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

The pic was taken on the "BUTTERFIELD Stage Route" about 20 miles W of Maricopa, AZ, back when vehicles were allowed to ride along it.

>:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
@fasteddiecopeman I've always wanted a Gen1 KLR... still do.
Have I got a deal for you. I have a pre dented '98 that is decently farkled, cheap. It even has the Rubbermaid Action Packer top box update.

PM if interested.

Tried a pic, no joy.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I BELIEVE that ALL KLR650s ARE the same Gen until the 2008 version came out.

Think antideluvian....

:wink2:

Hahah... I'm pretty sure there were two KLR's on the ark. You are correct... 2008 started the new bodywork and changed specs a bit etc. And then a spec change mid 2014 I think. But with a Versys in the garage, something like a DRZ or KLX 400 might make more (fun) sense than a KLR. Still, there's something about an old, heavy machine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have I got a deal for you. I have a pre dented '98 that is decently farkled, cheap. It even has the Rubbermaid Action Packer top box update.

PM if interested.

Tried a pic, no joy.

Definitely looking for a pre-dented model. Well with the C-19 work slowdown, no non-essential purchases at the moment, but the RAP top box sounds awesome.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 35 MPH winds quit blowing today so I went for a short ride.all the Mods I have done over the winter worked great.
TPMS is going to be a valuable tool to have,Rear tire pressure increased by 3 pounds and the rear by 2 pounds..And the Voltmeter as well as my Outlet for my cell phone charger with a reading of 14.5 put my mind at ease.
The GO-Cruise works great.
The location I chose(Right side under the tank on small tab) for the Polaris Regulator is just fine. When I got back from my ride it was very cold to the touch.It was 60 degrees when I left the house.
The old Tom Tom GPS I have will probably get left @ Home when I leave on my trip, I have to see how the I phone works as a GPS to determine if I leave it @ home or not .
I have to replace chain and sprockets and new tires so I will not be able to buy a new GPS this year.
So I was very happy to finally ride the V and now I cant wait till this Covid thing is over and I can go have a adventure.

·
Registered
274 Posts
After completing my pool duties this morning. I decided to go for a nice long ride. So i shot through Vulture Mine Rd and then headed up to Prescott. Took in the sweet smells of those Ponderosa Pines and headed home. Only stopping for gas. Many other riders had the same thought as i apparently. But a great day and practicing social distancing.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Definitely looking for a pre-dented model. Well with the C-19 work slowdown, no non-essential purchases at the moment, but the RAP top box sounds awesome.
No hurry, no worries. Shoot me a PM when/if this crap ends.

If you want, I can text you a pic or three. PM with a # if desired.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
06 April, '20

Yesterday I was able to renew the BC (government) insurance on the GREEN HORNET TOO, then go for a three hour ride - the temps were ABOVE 8C [46F] for the FIRST time since returning to BC on the 20th March...!, in fact reached 15C (60F)!

IF anyone's interested - 7 months of insurance (government-allowable MINIMUM) came to $546 CDN, while the additional coverage (above the minimum) co$t$ another $348 CDN for 12 months.

Oh well....

141 - 160 of 240 Posts