Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

621 - 629 of 629 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rode in 19 degree Fahrenheit temps yesterday to take the Intermediate riding course. Sorry no pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,406 Posts
Well first ride of the season. New chain, new sprockets, new oil and filter, new air filter,new 90"C stat , valve shim complete at 35,000 KM . New HJC helmet modular style C 91, I love the modular for the built in sun visor, no more clip on's, much easier putting my glasses on, on the down side, I need to remove some foam. Today 370 KM and 6 hours of riding, started out at 2'C with heated gear and grips. However had a problem , discovered about 30KM from home, my bypass temperature was around 155 to 160' F, stopped and checked the overflow. Checked the rad and definite heat in the rad at 2'C outside, something wrong. So I decided that on a sunny day I am going forward, heading towards Wiarton, so fuel consumption was higher than normal.
By late afternoon it warmed up to about 13'C , so off with the heated gear.
So the bike is on the lift and I will find out what went wrong with the new 90"C stat, going to heat some water and stick my temperature probe in, compare to old one. I think something is possibly wrong with the rubber seal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
More of that "horizon expansion" stuff. Hit a local truck trail and a state forest road. Learned that I'm not crazy about riding in snow and mud simultaneously... Got home and ordered crash bars! Also did the first clean, lube and adjustment of chain.

First part of the ride was gorgeous!

Then things livened up! I should have got a shot of one of the more nasty, snowy holes. This should be a real nice ride in a few weeks, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some seat work. Dropped back of seat down slightly and added gel insert, with an extra piece of foam at the nose. It helps a lot with the sliding forward issue I was having.

I also fashioned an Icelandic Sheepskin cushion, for good measure. Glued a backing on it as I have learned from experience that the skin won't hold up well if fastened down.

All done!

Of course, no modification is complete without a test ride. So, I set out on the Stone, Fullerville Sands and Goose pond Roads. I bought the Versys in large part to be able to avail myself of the multitude of back roads in my part of the sticks and it's looking like a better decision every day. What fun!

765 KV lines, Fullerville Rd.

Goose Pond road. Begins 2 minutes from home, dirt starts in 3!

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
156 Posts
Yesterday was a holiday on account of the Hindu New Year - Gudi Padwa, pronounced Goodi Paadwaa.

Was checking the bike and discovered that the left fork oil seal had malfunctioned. Nothing major, just a thin patina of oil on the fork tubes. Called the service guy for a replacement. He said he would call today.

And from today, more COVID restrictions in Pune mean that all non-essential shops are shut. So, no knowing when my bike be back to normal again.

Got and installed the Barkbuster hand guards yesterday. The right hand side is a bit of a bother as the brake line interferes with the handlebar clamp and messes with the correct elevation of the rail with relation to the brake lever. Any suggestions to get around this? I tried everything but the banjo union junction at the brake fluid reservoir is exactly where the clamp pin rests. Pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,406 Posts
My 2015 has the Barkbuster model for the Versys. The model for the Versys has extensions to get beyond the banjo union

This is my former left side, I changed the mount for the GoPro camera and oxford grips, will add that later, along with a closer photo of left side

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts
621 - 629 of 629 Posts