Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

581 - 600 of 629 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts
I haven't weighed it, but on a long ride like D2D I probably have around 40 to 50 pounds on mine - tent/ sleeping bag/ water/ etc. Stove, food, clothes, etc in the saddle-bags.

P6114838 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

The bike on the right was a "jdrocks" creation, pic taken in Quebec.

P7311513 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts
Took a ride w/ a neighbor riding his 'scooter', following me w/ BIG RED. Stopped by a Kawi dealer (on the edge of the Casa Grande airport). Going in there I noticed what appeared to be a WW2 four-engine bomber at the far end of the airport, so we took a look.

IMG_0797 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0798 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I read COAST GUARD in the second pic, on the fuselage just above number three engine, and I BELIEVE that this a/c is a variant of the B-24, but I'm not sure of its correct designation. Anyone...?

Later we rode along AZ 79 where there's a road named "Leaping Lizard Rd", w/ THIS home-made "display" at the ranch entrance....

IMG_0794 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0796 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here in Washington I watched the rain come down sideways for awhile then hooked up the battery charger.

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
156 Posts
A small ride to Lake Kaas, about 140 kms from Pune.

There is a 14th century temple that is submerged by the lake (the lake itself forms part of the Koyna dam extended reservoir.)

Quite warm on the highway, temps reaching 41 degrees C.

A Shell fuel station at 0630 in the morning.

That black dot below the skyline at the edge of the further shoreline is the temple dome.

My rider friend of the Roaring Nomads Motorcycle Club.

·
Registered
2020 Versys 650
7 Posts
Added a kawi tank bag. Not so sure I am impressed with it yet. Assume the clear tape it came with is for where the magnetic parts touch the tank?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Last week I put fresh oil in. Mobile 1 15-50 and a Purolator filter, the long blue one. I also switched to a GREEN engine oil drain bolt. It has a magnet and safety wire holes. Since it is green, it'll probably make me go faster.

This week I installed a new chain and sprockets, going from stock gearing (15/46) to 15/43.

Since I went with the Mobile 1, a larger filter, AND a new gearing setup, I figure I'll get at least 50% more horsepower and 50% gas mileage. If I ride gently, maybe even more :LOL:

In all seriousness, it was such a smooth ride; I wish I had more time but alas... deadlines.

I just finished the chain and sprockets this morning. The new chain offered a noticeably lower amount of resistance... with the bike on a stand and running in neutral, the rear wheel spun whilst in neutral. Before, I had to rev the engine a bit to get the wheel to spin.

I went with JT sprockets front and rear, and I'm trying a JT chain this time around. The grey/silver looks nice. I'm going to try the WD-40 only chain regimen with this chain and see how it does.

I also properly torqued the front sprocket nut and bent the safety flange... something I discovered the PO had not done.

·
Super Moderator
20,219 Posts
FWIW - after I lube my chain w/ WD40, I spin the rear wheel (on a paddock stand) w/ my foot, and get between FOUR and FIVE complete revolutions of the wheel.

IF you're curious about how much power it takes to turn your wheel - try spinning it BEFORE and AFTER w/ whatever lube you use.

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Eddie... went for a nice ride this morning. Whilst I didn't try the wheel spin BEFORE lube, I tried it post WD-40 application. I can get 5-6 spins, which is more than I could with the previous chain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Uncovered the bike, cleaned it up and checked it over, then took the first ride of the season. It is in the mid 80's F here today but is going to be raining (or chance of) for the next 3 days. Today was a good day to get in about an hours ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not today, but Saturday (didn't have a chance to post about it). It was a picture perfect day in SE Texas. Mild winds, relatively cool temperatures, and not a cloud in the sky. A friend of mine took our bikes out to run toward Lake Livingston for a picnic lunch and some gab time. Most of my rides these days are battery charging joy rides, and it was such a kick to head out on a highway I rarely use and with a friend I don't get to see often. Already trying to map out another route for us, maybe with some twisties.

581 - 600 of 629 Posts