Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

41 - 60 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Went for a short ride in between rain showers, found this sign along the road. While I hate people throwing ANYTHING out of their vehicles, this person seems to have a pretty specific Target in mind...

Edit: That photo won't win any awards. Alot clearer on the phone before posting. Red lettering says "Coors".

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
i know how you feel. too many miles in a year though. too many tires to change to want to pay for it. my style of granny commuting gets me decent longevity from the tires. i have almost 8k miles on the rear oem tire and expect maybe another 1k. if i can get 12k+ from the avons in the garage then maybe i'll pay someone. :nerd:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Went for a short ride in between rain showers, found this sign along the road. While I hate people throwing ANYTHING out of their vehicles, this person seems to have a pretty specific Target in mind...

Edit: That photo won't win any awards. Alot clearer on the phone before posting. Red lettering says "Coors".

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Finished up a little maintenance.

Replaced the chain, both sprockets, and installed a new SHINKO E705 rear tire (which MIGHT be my last tire-change - just took TOO long, so not a lot of fun!).

:frown2:
i know how you feel. too many miles in a year though. too many tires to change to want to pay for it. my style of granny commuting gets me decent longevity from the tires. i have almost 8k miles on the rear oem tire and expect maybe another 1k. if i can get 12k+ from the avons in the garage then maybe i'll pay someone.

that's exactly why i quit drinking coors.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Went for a short ride in between rain showers, found this sign along the road. While I hate people throwing ANYTHING out of their vehicles, this person seems to have a pretty specific Target in mind....
Here in AZ I just can't get over how MUCH litter there is along the roads, and how much of that reflects the light because they're broken bottles!

:mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally sun in St. Louis

High temp of 44 F and partly sunny in the “Lou” yesterday . Good day to test my cold weather gear and to make the rounds to show my new bike to friends and family...(inserts ooohs and aaahs here). Heated hand grips were wonderful but did get a dose of unwelcome cold air up the legs of my REAX riding pants when my feet were up on my new Moto Werk highway pegs.
Note to self...long underwear with legs tucked into socks!
Not a long ride by any measure but good for my psych!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sunday after church is always a good time for a ride. Today I made my usual trip through Cave Creek and out to Bartlett Lake but decided to do a little off-road behind the dam to Riverside Campground on the Verde River.

Missed you by one week. Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride sometime. Great pics.

·
Registered
842 Posts
High temp of 44 F and partly sunny in the “Lou” yesterday . Good day to test my cold weather gear and to make the rounds to show my new bike to friends and family...(inserts ooohs and aaahs here). Heated hand grips were wonderful but did get a dose of unwelcome cold air up the legs of my REAX riding pants when my feet were up on my new Moto Werk highway pegs.
Note to self...long underwear with legs tucked into socks!
Not a long ride by any measure but good for my psych!
Another solution to the breeze up the legs would be velcro straps wrapped around the lower part of the pant leg. It's worked for me. After moving to FLA about 14 years ago I ceremoniously disposed of my cold weather gear(job transfer from Minnesnowta).

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Just a short ride to Walmart for another "rattle-can" to finish a job on a BBQ.

GOOD to ride, 'specially at 72F...!

:wink2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Speaking of cold, now that I have some actual cold/insulated riding pants, days that would normally see the bike in the garage have become riding days. Had a meeting today in town; a bit cold and damp in the morning but the sun came out for the ride home... awesome!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I cleaned and applied some Lou to the chain.

Good O'l Lou-bra-cation.

This should be a good segue for a chain lube thread...Lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cave Creek and Bartlett

Missed you by one week. Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride sometime. Great pics.
Do you usually make the ride to Bartlett? It's my go to ride usually every weekend. I love that town, so many bikes and always something going on. Yeh, I'd like to meet up with you. I'll send you a private message and give you my phone number. Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I cleaned and applied some Lou to the chain.

Good O'l Lou-bra-cation.

This should be a good segue for a chain lube thread...Lol.

Lol! I was wondering where you were going with that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Do you usually make the ride to Bartlett? It's my go to ride usually every weekend. I love that town, so many bikes and always something going on. Yeh, I'd like to meet up with you. I'll send you a private message and give you my phone number. Thanks!
I try and change it up. I do love riding down into Bartlett Lake. Great views coming and going. You cant beat Cave Creek. Great people and bike watching opportunities. Once it warms up a bit in the high Country. I'd like to head East and or North. My go to is normally Hwy 89. Run through Wickenburg and Congress. Then up Yarnell, and then decide to either split off and go through Skull Valley or continue onto Prescott. Vulture Mine Rd is another favorite. But I will happily jump on the bike and ride to anywhere. Fasteddiecopeman knows some sweet spots down South. I would like to catch up with him sometime and ride some of his favorites as well. Let me know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Favorite Rides

I try and change it up. I do love riding down into Bartlett Lake. Great views coming and going. You cant beat Cave Creek. Great people and bike watching opportunities. Once it warms up a bit in the high Country. I'd like to head East and or North. My go to is normally Hwy 89. Run through Wickenburg and Congress. Then up Yarnell, and then decide to either split off and go through Skull Valley or continue onto Prescott. Vulture Mine Rd is another favorite. But I will happily jump on the bike and ride to anywhere. Fasteddiecopeman knows some sweet spots down South. I would like to catch up with him sometime and ride some of his favorites as well. Let me know.
I like the up north rides too. Funny you mentioned Skull Valley, I have a cousin who lives out there, kind of an off-the-grid type. I've rode to the Vulture mine once and walked around the property. There was a caretaker who let me check it out on my own for $5, no tour. The ride up through Yarnell, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff and on to the Grand Canyon is great when it gets warmer. Being an old guy, I have a National Parks pass which gives me and another bike free entrance so if it's of interest, that's a good, if longish ride. The loop that I ride in the summer from Phoenix through Payson, Pine, and over to Flagstaff is good too. I usually stop for a burger at the ski lifts and head back (fast down I17 or slow though Yarnell). Riding in the heat is not so fun but doable. I don't usually go south but have no aversion to it. Do you ever go off road, just graded dirt nothing extreme? The ride up to Crown King is nice but it's about 40 miles of dirt road. There is a burger shop or two up there. Bagdad's a good ride, just keep going from Skull Valley and take 60 (Grand Ave.) back. Anyway .... I'll text you this week. It would be good to have someone to ride with.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
...Fasteddiecopeman knows some sweet spots down South. I would like to catch up with him sometime and ride some of his favorites as well. Let me know....
I KNOW "sweet" rides all over AZ (...and into UT, etc), and I WAS gonna mention the Crown King ride which I've done thru to Prescott till I got "trumped" on it two posts back. Also - Four Peaks W to E coming out at Roosevelt Lake; AZ 288 to Young and points N; AZ 191 to Morency Mine; AZ 366 up Mt Graham (MORE turns than the Dragon!); the Moqui Dugway (BOTH ways inc. UP it before dawn!); etc; etc.

Be nice to get together and do an AZ members ride, like I did a few years back w/ Chuck from Tucson and three other riders.

>:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Be nice to get together and do an AZ members ride, like I did a few years back w/ Chuck from Tucson and three other riders.

>:)[/QUOTE]

I was traveling the past couple of days. Yes, I agree, it would be fun to get some folks together and do a ride.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Turned 81 last week. Road my V1 to lunch and met my bride of 55 years. She treated!
Civit
HAPPY b'day!!!

:grin2:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Today in middle of winter, day perfect for ride, dry road 15 Celsius, no clouds. Wake up baby from winter sleep ,reconnect battery, put seat on baby, and make 100 km trip. Now battery is disconected again, seat in house ,cover on bike and waiting spring. Bad weather come again.
Tomorrow will be also great day for riding, but it will be fishing time.

41 - 60 of 496 Posts