Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

561 - 580 of 626 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
NOT on my Versys, but yesterday I went for a little walk in the desert about a half mile from my house, and took a couple of pics you MIGHT find interesting.

An old fencing corner.

IMG_0620 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Some kind of "creepy-crawly" - a millipede...?

IMG_0622 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
155 Posts
I rode out on 19 Jan, bound for Auli in Uttarakhand, to take a 14 days skiing course. But there was very little snowfall and the course was cancelled. So, rode to Gandidham in the Kutch area of Gujarat to meet an old regimental officer and reminisce about our times together, 20 years ago.

The Grey resting during a tea break.

Part of the Little Rann of Kutch north of Dhrangandhra. The water bodies is saltwater left to evaporate and leave pure sea salt. Most salt in India comes from the Rann and the Little Rann.

Interstellar battlecruiser underbelly lighting of the toll plaza:D

Self next to the battlecruiser. I had to wait for the fog to clear as was in danger of getting tailgated by large trucks coming up from Mundhra and Kandla ports.

Two aspiring Versys owners checking out Grey. The fog in this area was unusually thick for this time of the year.

Colonel Amit Kumar (retired) of 15th Battalion the RAJPUT Regiment and self, with a suitable background.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Rode to downtown Phoenix to look at two cycle stores, than home again for a... "beer or two"....

:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Decided to pull bars back a little,so undid the bolts pulled bars back,did it all up again then went for a test ride.That felt better on my shoulders.Got home,turned bars all the way and scratched the fairing on both sides.I did it so ill take the blame and carry them as a badge.Then went for a real test ride down to Taumaranui 250km away.Great ride hardly any traffic and a fine day.Then rode the Ohura-Matiere loop.80km all twisty using every gear,some of the hairpins are 1st gear stuff.Wasnt looking at Mrs Tom Tom and missed the turnoff.Added 30km of some of the best road ive been on.Tight twistys,2nd gear bends,4th gear swwepers etc.Now do I tell my mates about this or keep it to Myself?All up 560km in great summer weather,might do it again next weekend and go the other way around.

Happy riding

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Classic bike races at Pukekohe.The annual classic races,went with a couple of mates.Very laid back event,never runs on time,but then some of the bikes hardly run.nearly every brand of bike from Ariel to Vellocette.from 1920s to 2000 all giving it everything.Some races bikes wre geting lapped after 2 laps but noone cared,its all the fun of being out there.Seeing a Norton manx dicing with a Yamaha tz350 stuff like that.2 Brittens doing fast parade laps.All fun till its time to go home when my mates 75 Bonneville wont start.After an hour fiddling still wouldnt start.So he leaves it there and I give him a ride home behind me.I havent had a pillion for 30 years and this guy is 1.9m and 105kg.He somehow squeezes on the back and off we go,its about an hour home but we had a debrief at the Kaiaua pub about 1/2 way so he could un bend his legs.Got home safely,hes going back today to get it on his pickup.All in all a great day.

Happy riding

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Left the house at 0625 to ride to Mass, then home again by 0900.

Sky clear, temps 'cool' at the start, 'coolish' at the end.

:cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I rode out on 19 Jan, bound for Auli in Uttarakhand, to take a 14 days skiing course. But there was very little snowfall and the course was cancelled. So, rode to Gandidham in the Kutch area of Gujarat to meet an old regimental officer and reminisce about our times together, 20 years ago.

View attachment 181695

View attachment 181696

Part of the Little Rann of Kutch north of Dhrangandhra. The water bodies is saltwater left to evaporate and leave pure sea salt. Most salt in India comes from the Rann and the Little Rann.

View attachment 181698

View attachment 181697

Self next to the battlecruiser. I had to wait for the fog to clear as was in danger of getting tailgated by large trucks coming up from Mundhra and Kandla ports.

View attachment 181699

Two aspiring Versys owners checking out Grey. The fog in this area was unusually thick for this time of the year.

View attachment 181700

Colonel Amit Kumar (retired) of 15th Battalion the RAJPUT Regiment and self, with a suitable background.
Great shot!

·
Registered
14 Posts
now that I have my heated grips installed on my 2020 v650 I decided to go on a long after work ride yesterday afternoon. It was nice and sunny at about 45 F out. there is a real nice twisty road that runs along the water of the hood canal near me up here in Washington state. this was a good test of spaces i decided to mount on my windshield bracket which angled the windshield down about 10 degrees getting rid of all of the buffeting on the high setting and most of it on the lowest setting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sixty degrees yesterday... so I found an errand that needed running. Rode up into town and back; a combo of nice country twisties and a bit of interstate. Good for the V to stretch it's legs a bit:)

@ericksgs I still haven't gotten my windscreen sorted. Really need to before any kind of longer ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 181695

View attachment 181696

View attachment 181698

View attachment 181697

View attachment 181699

View attachment 181700

Wow... I’m Canadian and thought I was pretty good with geography...and skiing, so when you mentioned Uttarachand, I didn’t know where you were??? So I looked it up... India!?! First I didn’t even know they skied in India, and I’ve skied in a lot of places. Second, what beautiful scenery, that looks like a great place to ride a Versys. Thanks for the pics, maybe someday I’ll get to ride and ski the Himalayas. Can’t believe you can ride a motorbike to a ski hill! The detour you took to Gandidham was a fair ride as well...

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
155 Posts
Wow... I’m Canadian and thought I was pretty good with geography...and skiing, so when you mentioned Uttarachand, I didn’t know where you were??? So I looked it up... India!?! First I didn’t even know they skied in India, and I’ve skied in a lot of places. Second, what beautiful scenery, that looks like a great place to ride a Versys. Thanks for the pics, maybe someday I’ll get to ride and ski the Himalayas. Can’t believe you can ride a motorbike to a ski hill! The detour you took to Gandidham was a fair ride as well...
India has every single type of terrain on the planet barring permafrost.

Skiing is done in Auli, Khufri (Himachal Pradesh) and Gulmarg, (Kashmir UT).

Yes, riding in the hills and mountains is one wonderful experience. Do check out Zoji La, Khardung La, Chang La, Tanglang La, Baralach La and Rohtang La - 6 big Himalayan passes on the road from Jammu to Kullu, in the clockwise direction. The roads are, well, crazy. I did this circuit in 2012 and 2019. It is THE biking "coming of age" kind of a ride.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Got up early then rode to the town of Florence (which is having a "show-and-shine" car show today) to arrive at 0630 to be a 'parking' volunteer to help the car-people to get ready to show their vehicles.

LOTS of neat hot rods and 'special interest' vehicles. MY vote goes to a 1952 Allard w/ a 331 Cadilac V8. UNFORTUNATELY I did NOT bring a camera....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Last week at this time: 2 inches of ice on everything, snowing on top of that. Today: 70 degrees and sunny. Welcome to TN.

Took advantage of a glorious day and rode around with a friend for a few hours. He was on an 1984 Nighthawk 700, I was on my 2012 V. We took all backroads, most of which were perfect, some of which had decent snowmelt running across the road. All was well and good with the world as we enjoyed the fields and forests to the southwest of Franklin, TN. After a few hours we ended up back at a local coffee shop and tried to solve the worlds problems. Lots of problems these days but we managed to solve a few.

Took advantage of the engine being warmed up and changed the oil afterward. I hope I used the correct oil 😂

·
Registered
404 Posts
After almost 3 months I woke up the beast from hibernation, checked what can be checked and made a 100km tour.
It was a little cold because just as I was going for a ride the sun set behind the clouds. But it doesn't matter, sitting on a beast after almost 3 months is a great feeling.

Tomorrow is a technical inspection of the motorcycle so today I checked everything to make sure everything is in order.
After technical inspection halogen bulbs will be replaced with LED bulbs in all turn signals :)

Reactions: Alvinator
561 - 580 of 626 Posts