Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

421 - 440 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
124 Posts
Just got back from a just over three week trip to sw VA, NC, TN, no GA, the Osarks in MO, and finished up the trip and rear tire number 14 near Push Mountain in AR. I transported the bike with a trailer this year, normally it's a throw a tent on the back and ride it. Covid. The rear tire still has a bit of tread in the middle but the side tread is virtually gone. Yes, it was fun making the tire wear like that. Leaving in less than a month for a six week trip out to the southwest with a COG rally in AR on the way (with a fresh rear tire).
Man, you are really living life. I hope you find some time in between to wear out the rubber on your walking legs shoes instead of the rubber on the tires:)

I am in Indian so have to live more for my kids than for myself. It's a culture thing.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Installed my cheap ebay fender eliminator kit.

Don't worry... It wasn't great.

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts

It’s these one here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Matt - but IF you can take a pic from DIRECTLY BEHIND YOUR BIKE (pointing to the CENTRE of the license plate), please? I want to see just HOW NARROW the mounts are.

(y)

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Early morning ride when it was overcast and sprinkling a bit. After lunch the sun came out and so I had to take another ride! Beautiful day for it once the clouds broke up. Sunny and mild temps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Getting ready for an upcoming trip; thought I'd check the filter. Apparently I was a little enthusiastic last time I oiled it 😂 . What a mess! The airbox was full of oil that had drained/dripped from the "generously" oiled filter. In my defense, it was the first time I had ever oiled a new filter... next time I'll know better. Pulled the box, took it apart and now it's nice and clean. The filter is properly oiled now as well. I'm curious what effect this will have on the bike's running now.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
124 Posts
Went to Nashik, a town about 200 kms from Pune, to meet some new friends. Wonderful weather for riding - 6/8 overcast, cool breeze flowing, sparse traffic.

One chap with a Versys 650, another with a Ninja 1000, the third with a Yamaha MT 25 and the fourth with a Royal Enfield Bullet 350.

Tea and snacks and then back home. About 450 kms round trip.

L to R: Mihir/RE 350, self/Versys 650, Kaushik/Ninja 1000, Milind/Yamaha FZ25, Ranjit/Versys 650

That red circle is a waterfall, cascading from the spur line to the plains below. Many such sights in Maharashtra during this torrential monsoon. COVID ruined my cherished ride in my state - Magical Monsoon Maharashtra.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Went to Nashik, a town about 200 kms from Pune, to meet some new friends. Wonderful weather for riding - 6/8 overcast, cool breeze flowing, sparse traffic.

One chap with a Versys 650, another with a Ninja 1000, the third with a Yamaha MT 25 and the fourth with a Royal Enfield Bullet 350.

Tea and snacks and then back home. About 450 kms round trip.

View attachment 180754

View attachment 180755

View attachment 180760

View attachment 180761

L to R: Mihir/RE 350, self/Versys 650, Kaushik/Ninja 1000, Milind/Yamaha FZ25, Ranjit/Versys 650

View attachment 180762

That red circle is a waterfall, cascading from the spur line to the plains below. Many such sights in Maharashtra during this torrential monsoon. COVID ruined my cherished ride in my state - Magical Monsoon Maharashtra.
you know that no one from this forum knows these places? most people here are from US. except me, perhaps....I lived in India like for ever. sorry for that covid idiocy... i have 5 bikes in India, but cannot go back. I spent a long time in Maharashtra, but 'now' I live in Himalayas, (Almora)...

·
Registered
Kawasaki Versys 2019 ABS
124 Posts
you know that no one from this forum knows these places? most people here are from US. except me, perhaps....I lived in India like for ever. sorry for that covid idiocy... i have 5 bikes in India, but cannot go back. I spent a long time in Maharashtra, but 'now' I live in Himalayas, (Almora)...
Almora is a beautiful town. My erstwhile Commanding Officer hailed from there. Those parts of Uttarakhand are just lovely.

I had done a ride there in 2016 from Lucknow. Dhanachuli, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Tehri and then Doon. My Bonneville burbling along the valleys...

This is a small album of the fotos:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Almora is a beautiful town. My erstwhile Commanding Officer hailed from there. Those parts of Uttarakhand are just lovely.

I had done a ride there in 2016 from Lucknow. Dhanachuli, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Tehri and then Doon. My Bonneville burbling along the valleys...

This is a small album of the fotos:

you should visit me one day in Almora! Karnaprayag is in Garhwar, while Almora is in Kumaon. Very different landscape. Kumaon has more gentle nature and less tourists. I often go for a trips to Munsyari, and areas around.

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
421 - 440 of 489 Posts