Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a new seat cover to fit over the stock one. Now, if some @#£& runs a blade over the seat, the main cover stays undamaged.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Checked the valves on my '15 V650 yesterday. THIRD time for that bike, and ALL were good (very close to the 'wide' end of the specs).

Looked at the air-filter (I replaced the OEM one w/ a BikeMaster back about 50,000 kms ago), but when I was looking at it yesterday I determined that the 'soft' rubber around the edges MAY NOT be a good idea - I was NOT CONFIDENT that it was SEALING PROPERLY (keep dirt out), so I removed it and replaced w/ the OEM one I'd removed 17 July '17, until I get a new one - anyone have experience w/ a K&N air-filter???

Also installed a pair of NEW spark-plugs.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Today I installed the Kappa tail rack and plate so I can use my top case now. Pretty slick install on these Gen III handrails, and by far the easiest Givi/Kappa install I've ever done with their oh so "helpful" instructions...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Come back from service which was yesterday, and I replace OEM tires with Michelin Pilot Road 4
( 17 750 km on OEM tires)
But I had to cancel the trip to the Adriatic Sea due to really bad weather all over the country.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Rode 205 kms (127 miles) in sunny, 30C+ temps over 4.5 hours, up to Yankee Flats and back, starting AND ENDING [OF COURSE!] w/ riding to Vernon via the road along Lk Okanagan.

GREAT way to "waste" most of a day!

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Come back from service which was yesterday, and I replace OEM tires with Michelin Pilot Road 4
( 17 750 km on OEM tires)
But I had to cancel the trip to the Adriatic Sea due to really bad weather all over the country.
View attachment 180105
View attachment 180104 View attachment 180106
The colour of your bike made me sit up really straight - it is almost exactly THE old pattern Olive Green of the Indian Army's uniforms that I used to wear in the 90s. Wow, Kardan, that colour is just terrific. Please PM with the details of the paint company, exact tint etc if you can so that I'l get my baby too into uniform.

Just curious - did you check out any 50/50 tyres like the Motoz Tractionater GPS or Shinko 705s? that Michelin looks great but seems like a 100% street tyre.

Reactions: kardan

·
Registered
225 Posts
The colour of your bike made me sit up really straight - it is almost exactly THE old pattern Olive Green of the Indian Army's uniforms that I used to wear in the 90s. Wow, Kardan, that colour is just terrific. Please PM with the details of the paint company, exact tint etc if you can so that I'l get my baby too into uniform.

Just curious - did you check out any 50/50 tyres like the Motoz Tractionater GPS or Shinko 705s? that Michelin looks great but seems like a 100% street tyre.
That is original color from Kawasaki, so I don't know is there somewhere on internet code to how to get this color.
I just add 3 military star which you can see on WW2 US vehicles in movies and on pictures.

I don't ride off road,so I take 100% street tire. If I need to take offroad, that is really really good road, so no need for 50/50 tires, from 18 050km how much I have on ODO maybe 10 km are off road.

Reactions: betoney

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installed some SWM crash bars on the V. Been looking forward to that. I also saw that my crankcase vent tube (the lower end that attaches to the crankcase) and the front lower portion of my air intakes had oil on them. Hmmm. Perhaps I over-oiled my filter last time, or put too much oil in, or both. My oil is right in the middle of the sight glass though. I'm not a fan of oil on the bike where it's not supposed to be.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
...My oil is right in the middle of the sight glass though....
I keep my oil-level as close to the "HIGH" end as I can, bearing in mind that we ONLY have about 2L in there.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Rode to water my wife's garden, then downtown to take the 'ejector rod' from a "3 Screw Ruger" in for repairs after it 'broke' yesterday at the range.

NICE day - mostly sunny, 30C (86F).

301 - 316 of 316 Posts