Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excited to install this Yoshimura Slip-On Exhaust that I purchased from 4wheelonline. I am hoping to receive the product this weekend so that I can have the time to test it out. Anyone here who has it on their bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally mounted up my new Caribou Cases today. Apparently I'm the first mk2 using caribou cases and Givi racks because I had to work with Rodger (the owner) to get the right parts for fitment. Now he has a parts list, so if you order just let him know you have a mk2 Versys 650 and he'll make sure you get the right parts with your order .

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had an interesting ride yesterday. Went thru the Shawnee State Forest but about an hour in, my phone got knocked out of the ram mount. Long story short, it took me 2 hrs and 17 minutes to find it in a stretch of about two miles. I went up and down standing on the pegs a bunch of times with no luck. I then started at the beginning and walked until I couldn’t see my bike anymore, make a mark in the road and then go to the other side and walk back to the bike and then do it again...and again and again. Probably 8 or 9 times in total. On my last pass thru where I thought I lost it (last known time I looked at it to the point I lost it) it came to me to try and pair my Sena 10s. If it could pair, then I must be close. So I went to the beginning and put the headset in pairing mode and creeped along until it paired. I laid a stick in the road and went to the other end and did it again. I came up with about a 100 foot space that it would pair. I went back and forth, kinda bracketing with connectivity to my phone until I got about 30 feet of a gap. Then probably 20 minutes later I found it just about behind me.

Talk about a frustrating break in the ride. But maybe a good idea if your phone gets lost.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Went for a ride and tried out my new shorty levers. Ive been interested in the shorty levers and some riders here have gone that way. I find the OEM a little clunky,maybe cause I have small hands. I also ride 2 bicycles and an Ebike so Im used to shorty levers. I like the feel. On the motorcycle it al
so helps with my technique, using my fingers and balance more instead of "leaning" on my bars.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Went riding this AM to get my ODO mileage up to 80,000kms for an oil-change, via watering my wife's 'community garden', then thru some twisties to the home of a friend (rides a KTM 1290 Adv) to talk about riding tomorrow, which we ARE going to do, along w/ another friend who moved here from Edmonton (and has a home near mine in AZ!).

IF anyone remembers various threads I've made about riding the "Corkscrew" - THAT is where we are heading tomorrow at 0900...!

(y)(y):cool:

THEN I changed the oil/ filter at 80,005 kms - PRETTY close to 80,000 even...!

·
Registered
242 Posts
fitted a bridgestone a41 on the rear. my avon spirit lasted 6k miles do to a sheet rock screw.
to @Hesco2/3 my parts store of choice years ago said do not buy an X thingy ram mount. they had heard lots of people lose their phones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is the quick lock one or whatever that has the spring loaded top piece. It came with the bike. Won’t be there much longer!

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Took yesterday to replace my rear SHINKO E705 tire, then washed the GREEN HORNET TOO to get it 'presentable' after Tuesday's dirt ride. As usual it took awhile to remove the old tire, but by using zip-ties I mounted the new one to the rim in (probably) 15 seconds. GREAT trick!

·
Registered
807 Posts
fitted a bridgestone a41 on the rear. my avon spirit lasted 6k miles do to a sheet rock screw.
to @Hesco2/3 my parts store of choice years ago said do not buy an X thingy ram mount. they had heard lots of people lose their phones.
I've had excellent service so far from my "X" Ram mount, about 60k miles. I do also use a weird looking silicon retainer thingy in case of a failure of the mount.

Back home temporarily from my out west swing, sans BC, unfortunately. Had a grand time in WA, OR, ID, and MT. Riding out there does not suck and the weather was superb, if a bit brisk.

I had both tires replaced by an awesome indy shop in Hamilton, MT.

Also on this trip, a seat from Terry Adcox met up with me, courtesy of the USPS. What. an. awesome. seat.

Bike is currently in MN. I will be re-joining it early next week for a bit more fun and frivolity.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Found another versys! Ive had mine and never seen another one.On saturday I went to Boyds annual sale to buy new pants,they are the biggest dealer in the country.Its a 100km ride in cold for me with fog,showers and sun[cold is below 10c].while there a guy comes in on his matching 09 versys.we swapped war stories etc.He rides it more than his 1800 boulevard.When i left there I rode out of Hamilton,where to go for lunch.Keep on riding,Ill go to Rotorua,theres a good cafe called Our Place,always a good kai.A big pot of mussels and fried bread,a couple of beers later.Time to see a friend in Oripi,always welcome there.Then home over the Kaimais through Matamata.400kms,longest ride since march.The pants? I got Revit Sand short leg[Ive got ducks disease] and they fit and are very comfortable.

Happy riding

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Did my usual "water my wife's community garden" ride, then stopped by the Library (book return), and took the 'twisties' home.

(y)(y)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Took the last ride from the old place... such a weird time to build a house but we moved in a few weeks ago:)

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
What w/ "social-distancing" and all - when I rode to water my wife's garden this AM, I then detoured to the BULK BARN and picked up about four pounds of peanuts (in the shell - half salted, half not) to have in my garage / SHOP for when friends drop by for a "beer 'n' peanuts", which DOES happen now-and-then...! OF COURSE - w/ tunes on the shop sound system.

Life is GOOD!

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Took Phantom for a battery-charging joyride. It's really been an adjustment going from riding almost every day to riding once every week or two, due to weather and health circumstances. Even then, those rides are just meandering rides of about 40 miles or so. I haven't had a real day ride since early or mid May. The most interesting thing I've found is that even the short rides provide me with mental floss I didn't know I needed.

281 - 300 of 316 Posts