Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
My BELL Revolver helmet stopped being able to "revolve" - the chin-bar is locked, and can't be unlocked (and this is EXACTLY the same thing that 'grounded' my FIRST one), and THIS helmet was my warranty replacement for it, so I planned to visit MOST motorcycle dealers here in Kelowna to find a replacement.

The replacement HAD to be "HI-VISIBILITY" and modular because I wear glasses. Third store I tried had a couple I liked, so I made a note and continued. Nothing more 'jumped out at me', so I came back again on the ride home and bought the one I'd liked.

88-34694-condor-elite-matte-hi-viz-yel-2 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Tho' the color is MORE of a hi-vis GREEN to MY eyes....

(y)(y)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Call me slow... but I've never even considered the advantage of a modular lid for glasses... I typically remove my glasses, hold them in my mount or on the bike somewhere, pull my helmet on, then jam the glasses back on. Hmmm....

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just had our 21st wedding anniversary... so had a nice weekend getaway to celebrate. Rode a few hours down the Trace, found a great little boutique hotel, then came back the next day.

I'm so thankful that my wife enjoys motorcycling... she bought me my first bike and she'll often be the one to suggest we go for a ride. Trying to convince her she can handle a bike herself, but until then we both enjoy 2-up.

My best moment was accidentally dropping her (relatively new) helmet onto the gravel road. Nice. Not enough of a drop to compromise it, but now it has character. 😁

Quick stop to stretch our legs. The stock V seat is less than inspiring.

Stopped by Laurel Hill Lake on the way back. I was trying some cheap Kemimoto saddlebags... and they were fantastic. I typically use a top-box and duffle on the seat setup for solo camping etc but we needed just a little more room for two, so I ordered these bags a few days before the ride. Perfect. Solid. Would they last for a RTW trip? Probably not but that's not the intended use.

Another shot at Laurel Hill.
Get your wife into a motorcycle safety class, it will give her tons of confidence. My wife rides her own, 2014 v650 before that a 2005 KLR. We've ridden to Mexico/Central America twice for 3 months each time. I'm setting up a blog for my wife called " grandmas over 65 with a need for speed". She knows where her throttle is

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Call me slow... but I've never even considered the advantage of a modular lid for glasses... I typically remove my glasses, hold them in my mount or on the bike somewhere, pull my helmet on, then jam the glasses back on. Hmmm....
I have a Shoei Neotec2 modular and its easy to leave my glasses on to get it on.Have to take glasses off to get helmet off without dropping glasses.And its a very quiet,comfortable helmet with good visibility.

Happy Riding

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
...Call me slow... but I've never even considered the advantage of a modular lid for glasses... I typically remove my glasses, hold them in my mount or on the bike somewhere, pull my helmet on, then jam the glasses back on. Hmmm....
I started wearing modular helmets when I accidentally knocked my glasses off the seat of my Suzuki B1200S, chipping a lens, (n) somewhere around 17 years ago. When the BELL Revolver quit 'revolving' a couple of days back, I had a 'helluva' time getting my glasses OUT and OFF, then when putting the helmet back on - an EVEN harder time getting the glasses IN and ON.

Today w/ the new ZOX helmet - life was good, and EASY!

PDG helmet IMHO.

:giggle:

·
Registered
82 Posts
A small COVID request.

Is there anyone among us residing in Portland, Oregon in the USA?

One of my friends' daughters is working there for the past 3 years after her MS in Civil Engg. Due to COVID, neither the father nor the daughter have been able to fly out from their respective countries to meet each other; the parents reside in India.

Anybody out there, please pm me as early as possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bought this chain oiler. It was delivered yesterday so this Sunday has a new job for it.

I don’t like the suggested mounting position of the applicator brush. The inside of the chain is a much better location. Either just behind the front sprocket or just in front of the rear sprocket. This will distribute the oil over the entire chain and help fling off the dirt.

Not that I’m an expert, but I do have 100000km/62000mi experience riding with chain oilers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don’t like the suggested mounting position of the applicator brush. The inside of the chain is a much better location. Either just behind the front sprocket or just in front of the rear sprocket. This will distribute the oil over the entire chain and help fling off the dirt.

Not that I’m an expert, but I do have 100000km/62000mi experience riding with chain oilers.
Actually, I don't like the brush at all. The glitch is that the oil feed into the brush assembly, thru the bristles and then on to the chain. I have asked the firm to make a model w/o the brush and with a small steel pipe end of the plastic feed tube. This can then be fitted to be just above the chain on the lines of that Scottoiler kit.

So, I am going to fabricate my own metal pipe end to the plastic pipe and install the kit minus the brush. Lets see the result.

·
Registered
806 Posts
HOPE to see you Steve!

:eek:penarms:
Hiya Ed. unfortunately, looks like international traveling is on hold, so no BC. Bummer.

On TDY in Goldendale, WA, driveway camping at my Navy boy and Navy D-I-L's house, both retired.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sound like an awesome way to spend three months!i can to stay safe.
It is. This is the fifth summer in a row, 2-4 months out wearing out tires. A bit different with the bug around this year but doing all

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
...This is the fifth summer in a row, 2-4 months out wearing out tires. A bit different with the bug around this year but doing all....
Since 08 April I've been "social distancing" to the tune of ONLY 4,401 kms (2,735 miles) on the GREEN HORNET TOO.
Missed going to D2D....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fitted the new chain oiler.

A reasonably decent kit. Some design bugs have ended up in the production model. Yet, at just about INR 1900 or USD 25, one cannot expect more. The idea is good, the implementation is so-so.

The handlebar unit with the oil reservoir and press to oil lever

From the front

The chain unit. Rough job to check the working. Will apply proper duct tape later.

The oil flows down thru the brushes and then on to the chain.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A small Sunday morning ride to a nearby village.

Anirban Das and Pushpal Meitei on their KTM 390s and self with the Verysy.

IMG_20200628_074004.jpg
IMG_20200628_073942.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
Went riding this AM, first to water my wife's garden, then downtown Kelowna to get some knives sharpened, followed by some "twisties" that NEEDED UN-TWISTING ;), then to the store for some ice-cream.

It's TUFF when you hafta do this ALL BY YERSELF...!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Today I installed GIVI engine guards, some grip puppies, and GIVI pannier racks (in anticipation of buying some GIVI Trekker Alaska - black, if they ever come back in stock). Recently put handlebar risers on as well.

261 - 277 of 277 Posts