Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I rode terribly infrequently before my accident 2 years ago and since then it took a while (and about $1,500) to get me riding again but I've made the goal to do at least 100 miles every weekend to get to know my bike and my area (Upstate SC) better. Today I rode to the edge of SC and went to the Stumphouse Tunnel, scrambled around Issaqueena Falls, hike Yellow Branch, then grabbed pizza in Long Creek on the way home with a quick ride through Clemson. I'd planned to go to Tallulah Gorge as well but I got a late start. It was unseasonably chilly even with 2 shirts and 2 jackets on. Made it to 4,037 today!
Where didja get that awesome looking pizza from?

Awesome foot ware, BTW.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I installed the accessory relay and put in a 12V socket so I can power my GPS. Then I swapped out my stock windscreen with a GIVI (used). Turns out that they must have changed something because it didn't exactly fit At the top most position the windscreen was still resting on the "beak". So, I swapped the mounting hardware to a Puig that I had also purchased (again, used), and it seems to fit fine. So I will keep it on. And as usual, what I planned to be an hour or so project turned into about 2+ hours. But it is done! The only thing I am not happy with is that the power cord on the GPS is LONG, probably so you could run all the way to the battery. But I am plugging it into the 12V socked. Not sure what I will do about that.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
...The only thing I am not happy with is that the power cord on the GPS is LONG, probably so you could run all the way to the battery. But I am plugging it into the 12V socked. Not sure what I will do about that....
Maybe "coil" it and 'capture' the coil w/ a zip-tie.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Doing an oil change. Just stop to eat then back to putting it back together...

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Just installed the front fender extender i bought a year ago last November......

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Went on a planned several hour ride, but as I got to the city 45 minutes N of me (Vernon), it started raining, so I went to the local Kawi dealer to 'wait it out'. Trouble was - it was STILL RAINING 45 minutes later, so I 'saddled-up' and headed back home. The rain ended as I left the city-limits, sunny skies ahead, tho' to the W - my "destination" was definitely in rain.

OH well....

:frown2:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Went on a planned several hour ride, but as I got to the city 45 minutes N of me (Vernon), it started raining, so I went to the local Kawi dealer to 'wait it out'. Trouble was - it was STILL RAINING 45 minutes later, so I 'saddled-up' and headed back home. The rain ended as I left the city-limits, sunny skies ahead, tho' to the W - my "destination" was definitely in rain.

OH well....

:frown2:
And you didn't buy anything?

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yesterday was a Sunday so had some time to do an important job on the bike.

I had earlier mounted the aux lights on the front part of the horizontal member of the crash guard. But, there was a problem with the depression angle of the mounting plate - it had adequate space for elevation but almost nil for depression. So the light was firing upwards, even over the tops of oncoming cars. The intensive lockdown here in Pune, India gave me enough time to change the location of the ligths but no freedom to test the new setup on the highway.

Some relaxations in the restrictions over the past couple of days so yesterday, I moved the lights to a spot behind the turn signals. A bit of fine tuning and they were set up perfectly, firing over the indicator but not into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

Gave my chauffeur the day off and rode to work. Had some rain in the past two days so the weather was perfect for an early morning 40 km ride.

The lockdown here has been extended to 31 May...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Added SW Motech Micro tank bag
Than I notice that OEM handguard bracket touch that bag and I can make full steering on both side.
So I try to move bracket, all OK work perfectly.
Than I tight screw to hard (I forget that bracker are from aluminum and screw are from steel), and destroy thread on bracket.
So tomorrow I need to buy new screws which are longer than OEM so I can add nut on opposite side.
It will work that is important.

And washing motorbike after 1600 km trip, and chain cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
NICE day here today, so I decided to just head E, then S, all w/out leaving Kelowna, then return home.

Spent about three hours in the sun, rode some VERY nice "twisties", then found a place to have an ice-cream cone JUST before the exit from the highway, to my place!

What's NOT to like...?

>:)

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
ride today - EUREKA!!!

As usual my wife asked me to go and water her 'community garden' this morning. SUNNY and about 20C at 0915, so out the door, suited-up and away.

Only takes about 35 minutes for the watering process so once done I headed E about a mile, then N around five miles then W to a fruit, veggie, and "neat stuff" store called Gatzke's Market (where I've been for an ice cream cone many times over the years, and much to my surprise, they were NOT ONLY open, but selling ICE CREAM CONES!:grin2:

YES!!!

I ordered up a "small" cone, TWO flavors - coffee over mango - then went outside to sit in the SUN and enjoy it. I know - life's TOUGH!

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
529 Posts
A few days ago on a day ride I noticed my gear shifting was getting a little stiff. So changed my oil, last one 9,000 K. Today got out and nice and smooth again. Finished my pannier dividers, I needed hinged bottom to hold all my heavier on the road gear pushing down and out. So no more helmut in my pannier, installed a helmut lock..

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
Source & $$

A few days ago on a day ride I noticed my gear shifting was getting a little stiff. So changed my oil, last one 9,000 K. Today got out and nice and smooth again. Finished my pannier dividers, I needed hinged bottom to hold all my heavier on the road gear pushing down and out. So no more helmut in my pannier, installed a helmut lock..
Any links , I ask because that looks much easier than the hooks under the seat.

181 - 200 of 240 Posts