Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bent my bars on a highsider going too fast on a dirt & hardpack gravel road. Need a replacement and wanted to see if it's worth the trouble and $$ switching over to fat bars. I have a couple questions:

What risers work on the Versys? I did some searching and found invader posted some MEK risers that work with our triple but the link seems defunct. Any existing risers that can adapt to a 1 1/8" bar clamp?

Do our stock controls all fit on the tapered portions of a fatbar?

Anyone's who's put a fat bar on their Versys and knows what parts they used: your insights would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
I bent my bars on a highsider going too fast on a dirt & hardpack gravel road. Need a replacement and wanted to see if it's worth the trouble and $$ switching over to fat bars. I have a couple questions:

What risers work on the Versys? I did some searching and found invader posted some MEK risers that work with our triple but the link seems defunct. Any existing risers that can adapt to a 1 1/8" bar clamp?

Anyone's who's put a fat bar on their Versys and knows what parts they used: your insights would be greatly appreciated!
1. I have ROX RISERS (2") on both my Vs, 7/8" to 7/8" on my '15, but the '08 has this one which allows you to go to a 1 1/8" handle-bar:

https://fortnine.ca/en/rox-speed-fx...NRkCh0h3Qw1EAQYAiABEgKdy_D_BwE#76=21&493=2172

2. Sorry - NO IDEA - I use 7/8 bars.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

1. I use 3½ inch Rox risers. Note: These risers adapt to 1 1/8 inch fat bars).

2. Yes stock controls fit to the tapered portion of a fatbar. Note: Holes should be drilled in the fatbar to accommodate the OEM electrical controls.

I installed a Pastrana FMX Pro Taper contour 1 1/8 handlebar (M302-7941) on my 2015 Versys 650 and am happy with it. The specs are quite close to the OEM bar. I simply shortened each end of the bar by approximately 3/4 inches.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
...I installed a Pastrana FMX Pro Taper contour 1 1/8 handlebar (M302-7941) on my 2015 Versys 650 and am happy with it. The specs are quite close to the OEM bar. I simply shortened each end of the bar by approximately 3/4 inches.
WHAT advantage do you get w/ "fat" bars? Less vibes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts