Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone on many rides with friends but the Versys is always the lone ranger. Kind of the different bike off the crowd. I am assuming you guys experience the same. I have only seen two versys in the same place at once and that was me going down the road in the opposite direction of another. I think my head would explode if I saw a actual group of Versys riders together. So, what crowd do you ride with? Sport, cruiser, or other adventure bikes? I normally end up with cruisers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that looks like fun. I haven't ended up in a ride that large yet. Would love it though. Would really like to meet another Versys owner though. Sometimes I feel like the only one out here.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I mostly ride solo or with my wife. She rides a VStar 650. I used to do poker runs when I had my C50, but they got to be too dangerous and no fun. I don't like crowds. I do have a few riding friends and still go on a group ride (around 6 total) once in a while. All but mine are cruisers.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
A group of us from this forum met up for a BBQ run when i was in texas. And i've ridden a couple of time with some different Green Versys.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Now that looks like fun. I haven't ended up in a ride that large yet. Would love it though. Would really like to meet another Versys owner though. Sometimes I feel like the only one out here.
It was fun. Kind of a season opener for a local sport bike forum. Only half the riders have a true sport bike though and mostly it's just a fun ride with almost 200 bikes. Not one crash and not a single ticket. Nice to have a fun grown up ride through the canyon. Here's the route. The end part to hell's gate is the best
http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Trans-Canada+Hwy/Water+Ave+to:Trans-Canada+Hwy&hl=en&ll=49.462769,-121.879578&spn=0.906844,2.705383&sll=49.78028,-121.445467&sspn=0.007039,0.021136&geocode=FWon7gId7Uaw-A;Fehv8QIdR-3C-A;FYWe9wIdBt_C-A&t=m&mra=mi&mrsp=2&sz=16&z=9

·
Registered
244 Posts
The good friend I ride with the majority of the time used to have a versys but now rides and NT700V.

Next summer I'm planning a Lake Superior circle tour. The group on that run will consist of my Versys, the NT, a couple Harleys, a Goldwing trike, a custom trike and a ... a ... c... ca.... CAR.

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I mostly ride with a group of sports bikers. They ride pretty hard. I'm usually bringing up the rear, but I do keep up and the Versys does all that I can give.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The vast majority of my rides are solo, which is the way I like it. The bigger the group ride, the more people around me doing crazy or merely ill-advised &^*!! that makes me nervous.

But I do go on a group ride occasionally, and in past lives I even had to lead or ride sweep on a few group rides. :eek:

These days, when I'm with a group, it tends to be very eclectic. This photo is a good example. The group included a Gold Wing, a scooter, an Aprilia Caponord and an SV650 (not shown), in addition to my Versys. In the photo we're all coming to a sudden stop because of the cow wandering the road. Also notice the second stray bovine off to the right.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've never ridden with anybody else on road. Most of the bikes I see scare me more than the cars. Not really excited about having them near me.

Offroad it is a sea of KTMs.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I ride with a good group. All kinds of bikes but theres always one or two who are a danger to themselves and everyone around them. I always make sure they are in front of me so i can keep an eye on them. Here one of them in this short video...

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
It must be just a matter of time before that rider is not riding anymore.

Yep and he just bought a Gold Wing maybe he thinks it'll make him be a better rider.:eek:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Usually I ride alone these days because I like finding my own way...

Though sometimes I get off track..

but don't get me wrong I really enjoy a big company...

or just a random two..

Just get out there guys... you got nothing to lose

And don't forget the little ones too..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts