What are your favorite and least favorite farkles? Like to hear what other people's opinions are.
Here's mine, in order of appreciation, at least as of today:
- SW-Motech crash bars - have prevented a lot of damage in a few tip overs
- Givi rear lockable box - handy for commuting
- Givi touring windshield - improves air flow and appearance
- tank bag - handy to carry coffee and small items
- Cortech soft saddle bags - added for the occasional camping trip
- steel braided brake lines - improves front brake feel, offers noticeable improvement over stock lines
- cargo net - cheap (< $10) and handy to have stored under seat for use when you need to carry bulky items
- rear tire hugger - keeps crap off of spring/shock and power regulator heat sink (which may possibly prevent thermal issues)
- Barkbuster hand guards, I actually thought these were OK up until I installed my steel braided brake lines. Installing these causes two lines rather than just one to connect to the brake reservoir, which means you need to modify the inside attachment of the right guard. This was easy and cost maybe $2 in parts. Problem is it now hits my Givi shield on a hard left turn. They also interfere with using a 12V outlet in your dash.