Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two threaded fittings on the right side of the bike with nothing attached (see pic). Anybody know what they're for? The dealer said nothing was supposed to be there....

Thanks,
-Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
The same chassis is used for Versys, Ninja 650R and ER-6... Those are fairing mounts for the Ninja 650R version.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As I understand it those are actually mount points for the ABS hoses. ABS of course is not availabe in the US.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. The dealer said not to worry about it, but you never know with dealers.... I didn't realize the chassis were so much the same.

Thanks,
-Alan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought about cutting them off but just screwed in some stainless button head hex screws.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just out off intrest how come ABS not available in the US.
Adds about 400 pounds to the UK model
My first thought was that is one heavy braking system. Then my brain started to work and I realized that pounds in this case meant money.

Silly British

·
Registered
54 Posts
With ABS available on the Suzuki DL650 "Wee" Strom, you can bet it's coming soon for the Versys. It's a $500 add to the Wee.
I would have surely paid the extra. My BMW has ABS and it's unbelievable the difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi paladin

My first thought was that is one heavy braking system. Then my brain started to work and I realized that pounds in this case meant money.

Silly British

Thats a neat picture of me getting ready to ride out, do you like my shiny new shoei helmet... and take a look at that crazy protective clothing you can get away with things like that in good ole Britain :rolleyes: yahoooooo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts