Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have the plastics off my (new to me) 2011 V 650 and noticed these “unplugged” connectors above the left side of the radiator. Looked in the SM but tough to follow the wiring diagrams on my phone screen. Any ideas? For servicing?
That's for an accessory relay to be installed into that black connector, which will allow you then to use those bullet connectors to power accessories, such as heated grips, a 12V socket, etc. The Black/Yellow wires with male bullets are ground connections and the White wire with a female double bullet is positive voltage, but is only enabled when the relay is installed.

Link to Accessory relay: https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/relay-kit/999940195 (Note that despite the picture, that Kawasaki Relay Kit does not come with the 12V power socket - just a mount that would accept such a socket, sold separately.)

There are cheaper alternatives for that relay available elsewhere - it's a standard relay, but make sure you get one that is weatherproof considering the location.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Awesome. Thanks.

Would anyone have a link or two to a cheaper alternative -- they're out of stock on Kawasaki.com at the moment. Or a specification?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have the plastics off my (new to me) 2011 V 650 and noticed these “unplugged” connectors above the left side of the radiator. Looked in the SM but tough to follow the wiring diagrams on my phone screen. Any ideas? For servicing?
they are for the passenger ejector seat. not offered outside of tokyo i believe.

·
Registered
2013 v650
223 Posts
Do a search for a rc-2225 relay, it is one that will work. 1 original use was on Honda cars. Could even be a junk yard find. The kawasaki one for the V is very expensive.

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just installed the accessory relay; took all of a few minutes. You can use a standard relay, but considering the clean install and ready-made weatherproofing of the OEM unit, it's worth it. Found one online for less than $20. I'm glad Kawi chose to include this in the harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts