Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, It's probably been asked a million times but I need a second post here before I can annoy you all at will.. :)

New V1k due in a few days and as I got a pretty good deal and some coin burning a hole in the pocket what do you suggest I blow it on ?

I ride solo, this bike will be used predominately for touring and searching out the twistiest route to my destinations..

Pointless or Practical give me your best..

Cheers
Ian

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
:welcome:
What are you Farkling for: Comfort OR Ease of maintenance OR just Bling?

I'd go ease of maintenance and fit a Pro-Oiler electronic automatic chain oiler. This was my 1st mod.

Comfort would be next but you need to ride it work out what what ergonomics need fixing - eg seat, or lowering block for pegs or suspension etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I was gonna suggest hand guards or windscreen but the 1000 already has that covered right?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Well I was gonna suggest hand guards or windscreen but the 1000 already has that covered right?
IF it is the LT model, I believe you are right. If it were me I would have to go with a better seat (or at least an AirHawk seat pad)due to my 6' 3" height. Maybe some LED aux lights..........

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
12v outlet, battery tender ,heated grips ,spares

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I try to stay farkle free but I did add a 12V charger. Its great for keeping my phone or anything else charged while I ride.

http://www.amazon.com/Socket-Charger-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Victory/dp/B00NEJ46V8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1420914545&sr=8-11&keywords=motorcycle+usb+charger

When was doing a lot of miles I invested in a waterproof cell phone case I could put on the handlebars so I could use it as a GPS if I really needed it.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/iphone4s-bike-motorcycle-handlebar-mount/164550123.html

Its really great to be able to charge a phone, flashlight, go pro, laptop, ect . . . while on the go and has certainly saved my bacon a few times.

Then throw a power commander, exhaust and some sport touring tires on!

·
Registered
145 Posts
In my experience, it's too easy to start adding bits to your new bike. Stick with the basics (tank pad, swing arm spools) for the first 3 months. After this you'll soon have a list of need to fix Vs. like to haves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 1 of ownership and 320k's, The list of things I think" I need will no doubt grow :)

The Luggage is on order.. was always going this route as the bike for me is predominately a "Get Away" tool.

Throttle Lock, I like to drop the right hand more often than I thought.

A couple of strategically placed RAM mounts for the Drift cams and the GPS/Satnav

And, ... Maybe,,,, a Gear position indicator??? but maybe not once I become more familiar with Speed Vs Revs Vs Sound

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I will be couple of months before model specific aftermarket addons will be engineered and available - especially engine crash guards.

I bought myself an Omni cruise cruise control as it was 1/3 the price of the Kaoko, used it for about half a dozen rides. easy to use and can be swapped between your bikes. Then a Kaoko cruise control was snapped up cheap. The Kaoko is really nice and also very easy to used - and always available on the bike.

another farkle is getting ***** grips AU$20. these are foam covers that slip over grips, makes them fatter and absorbs vibration. also help those with large hands on the thin grips alleviating grip strain. But put them on after buying your heated grips :)

only 320kms! hahahaha nice one.

I read a bloke bought a bike and also booked it in for its first service 2 days later.... came back with 1500km on the clock.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I read a bloke bought a bike and also booked it in for its first service 2 days later.... came back with 1500km on the clock.
I'm doing the Aussie Hard Arse Challenge on Sunday / Monday. The challenge is 1600 km in 48 hours, although I will be doing around 1700 km.

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I'm doing the Aussie Hard Arse Challenge on Sunday / Monday. The challenge is 1600 km in 48 hours, although I will be doing around 1700 km.
I'm also doing a Aussie Lard Arse Challange!
I'm going on an 11 night cruise leaving in about 14 hours... I'll have a few drinks for you.

Good Luck
Ride Safe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts