Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled out in front of on Monday and went down to avoid the collision. At least I like to say I did. Anyways.. I took more damage than the Versys but I'm doing ok and should be good to go in a couple weeks. Dang lucky for being an idiot and only wearing a helmet

Anyways.. I need a left side engine cover, Left fairing (green) and a left turn signal, bar end and shifter

Where's the best place to pick these up? Found fairings on ebay but no green at this time

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You might be damaged A little but glad you are still around hope you get better soon, and good luck, hope you can find the parts you need.

·
Premium Member
16,109 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad you walked away to tell the tale. Hope you get well soon and are back on the saddle with a harsh but invaluable experience learned.

·
Registered
718 Posts
After reflecting on what happened, how do you think it could have been avoided (if that was possible at all)?

If you have insurance, the Dealer might be able to round up what you need. Might not be any more expensive than buying aftermarket and paying shipping.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you going to be okay, so what were you wearing jeans and a t shirt?
Helmet, jeans and a polo shirt. Had to run a quick errand and it was 100 degrees. I didn't want to be hot. Pathetic excuse eh?

After reflecting on what happened, how do you think it could have been avoided (if that was possible at all)?

If you have insurance, the Dealer might be able to round up what you need. Might not be any more expensive than buying aftermarket and paying shipping.
I was knocked unconscious so there's not too much reflection. The helmet did it's job admirably. I remember slowing down so a vehicle in front of me could make a right turn and then starting to accelerate. I was the SUV and the driver and I made contact. I was on guard that they would pull out. I waited a couple of seconds and remember relaxing a little. They she either pulled out or started to right as I got to the intersection. I remember grabbing front brake and that's it. I woke up on a backboard in a neck brace being loaded in an ambulance. The vehicles didn't collide so according to the police report I was riding along and just fell off

Was not going to file an automobile claim but I've since learned that the ambulance ride might be paid by auto insurance? I'm not sure, thought my health insurance would pay that

Sorry to hear you went down but glad you came out relatively ok. What happend to you? Road rash? Broken bone?
Left knee took the worst of it. No breaks and the joint is still good according to orthopedic surgeon. Left shoulder took a big hit also but not broken bones there. Lots or soreness and lots or road rash. Hands are very sore also

·
Registered
136 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out alive with just some bruises. Driving anywhere in a 50 mile radius of Atlanta is a challenge.

It's a good thing you were wearing your helmet or might have been reading this story elsewhere.

Heal up, fix it up, and be ready to ride another day!

Good luck on a speedy recovery.

David

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Prayers for your quick recovery and it was a painful lesson learnt. Never assuming anything when you are on the bike.

Take care and hope to see you ride again.:goodluck:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm just curious: if someone pulls out in front of you and you go down, how much are THEY at fault? Or do you just have to live with, 'sorry bout that chum.' ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
If the police report says you "fell off" then that probably means the driver is off the hook. Not like the negligent SUV will come forward and say "I was an idiot." I am so sorry you went down hard. I just got back from a walmart run and didnt wear my jacket. I am suitably chastened, in this 95 degree heat, and reminded that so many accidents are on "quick runs" to the store. Thanks for sharing, all the best in speedy recovery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since the vehicles did not collide and there were no other witnesses it was my fault according to the report. The witness to the accident was the driver that turned in front of me. I was not available for my side of the story. I have a call into the police department but I'm not expecting that to change anything

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm just glad to hear your alright?
Hope for a quick recovery for you and the V!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How did u go down, I mean did ur rear tire skid when braking ?
Front end washed when I grabbed the brake. It was a situation where I made eye contact with the driver and was on guard. I waited for something to happen for a couple seconds and then relaxed when I thought they weren't going to move. That's when they went and I won't lie. I panicked and grabbed the front brake. I don't remember anything else

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Glad you are ok. That's why I have a Stebel air horn and am not afraid to use it. I had a big pickup almost pull out in front of me Sunday, but the Stebel woke his clueless azz up!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts