Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started on the tune up. Pulled and wash the air filter. Had the oil & filter ready, along with a new magnetic oil plug. I had dug down and pulled the spark plugs and was going for the valve cover when the power went out. :confused: After a couple of hours I gave it up as a bad deal. After all not having done a valve check on a Versys I decided that I'd pass on doing my first one in the dark. I put the new plugs in and Air filter after getting the airbox back. Did the oil and filter. All by electric lanterns and flashlights. Of course 2 hours after I finished the power came back on. :mad:

Time is NOT on my side this month as I may have to bite the big one and Have the guys at the shop do the valve this time.

Saturday I did the KLR, oil & filter, air filter, plug and valve check. It's a lot easier to get at than the Versys. :thumb:

·
Registered
601 Posts
It took me about 3 hours to check the valves when I did mine for the first time a few months back. So many things to take off, and then I had figure what the correct position of the pistons was. That took some time too...Then to measure and remeasure and remeasure again, to be sure I had them correct. Not a quick process.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took me about 3 hours to check the valves when I did mine for the first time a few months back. So many things to take off, and then I had figure what the correct position of the pistons was. That took some time too...Then to measure and remeasure and remeasure again, to be sure I had them correct. Not a quick process.
It never is. I miss my Buell at times like this as it had hydraulic lifter! :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
It never is. I miss my Buell at times like this as it had hydraulic lifter! :p
And me my 84 Nighthawk-S with hydraulic lifters *and* shaft drive. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts