Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say he had low tire air pressure. I bought a used Triumph Daytona a few years ago. Driving it home I almost went off the road in a turn, as this guy did. I managed to get it stopped. Found out the bike had been sitting for a while, and the tires had about 18 PSI of air in the tires. Had problems negotiating curves, untill I got to a service station and put proper amount of air in the tires. MAINTAINING CORRECT TIRE PRESSURE IS VERY IMPORTANT. In the video it looks as though the guy was experiencing the same problem I had, except he panicked instead of stopping.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Perhaps he forgot about counter-steering to make curves. It's amazing how many folks think that leaning with the bike is the way to take corners/curves.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
He says "oh no" early in the turn. I'm wondering if he got into some black ice or slippery mud on the road. There seemed to be no attempt at braking as he left the roadway onto the grass.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
That was weird

·
Registered
939 Posts
I thought maybe stuck throttle? Definitely odd.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Lack of experience and focus, and poor riding skills... "Where's the road at?" He turns in too early and off the road to the left where he hits sharp bumps "Whoah?!" where he then goes straight off. Simply a noob goofball on a sportsbike. Just an idiot who's lucky if he hasn't killed someone yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
thinking out loud

hi didnt slid so no oil/sand
he didnt lean into the curve ... perhaps he couldnt? ... kickstand down + bypassed killswitch ? .... :surprise:
i think i can hear it scraping when i crank up the volume

·
Registered
346 Posts
well duh, he's on the wrong side of the road

ya... gotta think tire pressure is at least part of the problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts