Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and what a great decision!! :clap:

I have been lurking around this site for a couple of months now and I just couldn't find a reason not to buy one of these bikes.

So...
I sold my BMW 1150GS and bought the Green Versys, as I've heard they're the faster ones.
Then I set about Farkling the hell out of it (no pics yet) with:

Oxford Heated Grips
12V GPS Accessory plug
Kappa Panniers,
Homemade Rad Guard (found on this site)
Powermadd Handguards
Twinshack Hugger
Puig Touring Screen
and an Algard Skidplate on the way

The best part is, that I sold a 9 year old BMW and was able to do all this with a very small outlay of cash.

I'm not new to biking and have about 24 years of riding under my belt. I've owned many different bikes and love the Versys for what it is. A simple, very capable, Fun to ride, cheap to run, motorcycle.
I even have a trip planned already to take it around the Labrador highway next year, and I have no concerns of it getting me back home again.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome, one sweet ride you have there. We look forward to you sharing your experience.

Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations! And if the green one was available at the time, I would have gone with that too. My only reservation with reliability on any trip would be the clutch cable lol, having had 2 break within 14 000 km (approx 9000 miles). Admittedly, I commute through many intersections and stops daily, but a spare might not be a bad idea? Enjoy getting her run in and have loads of fun!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, a reply from South Africa, one from Malaysia, and 2 from my neighbors to the south. We really are world-wide on here aren't we?
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Oh and thanks for the tip on the clutch cable Witch :goodidea:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wow, a reply from South Africa, one from Malaysia, and 2 from my neighbors to the south. We really are world-wide on here aren't we?
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

Oh and thanks for the tip on the clutch cable Witch :goodidea:
if you are having troubles with the clutch cable then may be a smart idea to borrow a tip from the off road guys and thread a spare clutch cable alongside the current one, so if the current one goes kaboom its not a huge effort to get going again

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! You need to be careful because the green one is faster and it could get you in trouble. Be safe and farkle away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts