Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Always carry a hand pump, electric pump and bunches of plugs.

Picked up a huge Lag Screw a couple of weeks ago that took 4 plugs side-by-side to seal enough for me to drive it home. Lost no air pressure overnight when I checked it before changing the tire.

KEB

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always carry a hand pump, electric pump and bunches of plugs.

Picked up a huge Lag Screw a couple of weeks ago that took 4 plugs side-by-side to seal enough for me to drive it home. Lost no air pressure overnight when I checked it before changing the tire.

KEB
Damn that's one hell of a bolt! That's like kinda crap I pick up at work in my Semi Truck tires.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Yeah I should get one of those!
I've taken to always keeping my plug kit and foot pump in the side case. Hope I never need it.
+1 here too- I have a stop-and-go kit and it fits with my stock toolkit under the seat. Used it once and it got me home just fine, though ultimately I had the tire repaired properly. Very nice bit of rescue kit to keep under the seat imho. :thumb:
+1 Plugs! I use the CO2 because of the size but they have great little pumps now! :thumb: Do picks some up and throw them in your tail bag! :thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 Plugs! I use the CO2 because of the size but they have great little pumps now! :thumb: Do picks some up and throw them in your tail bag! :thumb:
I will I have a Givi Trekker 42 so I have plenty of space to stick a flat kit. I do also have roadside assistance so I was able to get a tow no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts