Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed that my left mirror blurs quite a bit more than the right hand side. Have checked and tightened the fasteners/nuts but seems to still stay that way. Any ideas?

·
Banned
895 Posts
Both my mirrors can suffer from individual or simultaneous vibe at any given time, & sometimes both work like they should.
Maybe they pick up the "bad vibes" from us!?!?!?!:huh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Both my mirrors can suffer from individual or simultaneous vibe at any given time, & sometimes both work like they should.
Maybe they pick up the "bad vibes" from us!?!?!?!:huh:
That's Deep! A true reflection of our mindset?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I get the blur in the normal 'cruising' rev ranges as well

oddly enough, once I'm at roughly 7K rpm, they become clear again...like vibe cancellation or something

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The bike is not symmetrical, so it's not surprising one side shakes more than the other. (Quick example, drive chain is only on the left side.) Left side shakes more on my bike too.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Therein could lie the solution!!!
The chain!!

I did notice that when I renewed my "sticky" chain, the bike ran a whole lot smoother.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Therein could lie the solution!!!
The chain!!

I did notice that when I renewed my "sticky" chain, the bike ran a whole lot smoother.
Hmm, yeah my chain, now at 15K is getting abit stiff in places. Maybe time to change.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went to an RK X-ring chain... highly recommended..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have noticed this also. It may be that there is more mass on the right handle bar than the left. The weight of the MC may help dampen vibes.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do they make tin foil hats in hi viz and DOT rated or do you wear that under the helmet?

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts
Do they make tin foil hats in hi viz and DOT rated or do you wear that under the helmet?
Can't have NUTHIN tween your head and outer space IF you want the tin foil hat to work!

Aluminum foil IS hy-vis to BEMs...!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts