Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bike forum but also met a great bunch of people so thought i would share our good news.

My Youngest son Jayden has just been accepted in the Royal NZ Navy as a chef and he leave for 3 month training on the 29th of may. This is not that easy here as due to our limited military and resources there are only so many positions available so it is a honour to be accepted as they have very strict grading on points system to get in and Jayden missed out by one point in the Feb intake. He is off to his school tomorrow to say hes leaving and give his notice at his after school job.

It is a bitter sweet thing for my wife Keri and myself as we are extremely proud but will also miss him as we are really close but good news no kids now must be time for me to get that Z1000 and see the world.

Cheers to all you out there as i wanted to tell someone

Phil and Mrs Kiwi 41 (Keri)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well done to the lad..........:clap:

I'm sure you are very proud.

·
Registered
274 Posts
good for him

its a great feeling to see our kids get ahead in the world today..i hope and pray he does well and makes you proud!...good luck young man..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats, a fine honor indeed! I'm sure you and Mrs. K are very excited!

It seems that a celebration gift is in order!!!! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
873 Posts
A chef? He is going to be the most important man on the ship. Everyone is going to have to be nice to him, or he won't feed them...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congratulations on the achievement of your son, and condolences on the last bird flying from the nest. Best be getting on with that Z1000 now to drown your sorrows and keep yourself busy!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Congratulations! :thumb: A position in the Middle Earth Navy is even more impressive than being Admiral of the Manx Herring Fleet. :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Congratulations to you and your wife for raising a quality human being, and to your son for proving his worth. All the best.

(What's for dinner?)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Phil,

Congratulations! I am a Navy vet and enjoyed all my time in service, even tipped a few cold ones with some of your country's finest sailors! If Jayden ever gets on a cruise to the Northwest United States have him get in touch.

Fair winds and following seas,
Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Really appreciate all the kind words my friends and due to grieving process of the empty nest syndrome I think the only answer would be to buy a 2nd bike to help with the healing process, (good idea pretbec ;).

For the first 12 months I believe he will mainly be based at Devonport Naval base in Auckland. If he gets up your way Steven and Kuruna will make sure he gets in touch as i believe they do sail into Singapore at times but that will be down the track. Bob if he heads your way will get some details, cheers.

We started young with our two boys and unfortunately Jay's older brother went off the rails for a while but we pray that things will eventually turn around.

Really glad last sat I invited Jayden to go on a bike ride with a group then we went to the movies to see Thor that night because once he leaves he will be living a long way from us in middle earth terms.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Congrats to all. You all must be very proud. Please thank your son for all of us for his service.

Bob

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is a bike forum but also met a great bunch of people so thought i would share our good news.

My Youngest son Jayden has just been accepted in the Royal NZ Navy as a chef and he leave for 3 month training on the 29th of may. This is not that easy here as due to our limited military and resources there are only so many positions available so it is a honour to be accepted as they have very strict grading on points system to get in and Jayden missed out by one point in the Feb intake. He is off to his school tomorrow to say hes leaving and give his notice at his after school job.

It is a bitter sweet thing for my wife Keri and myself as we are extremely proud but will also miss him as we are really close but good news no kids now must be time for me to get that Z1000 and see the world.

Cheers to all you out there as i wanted to tell someone

Phil and Mrs Kiwi 41 (Keri)
:clap:

From someone who's been serving in the U.S. Navy since 1999 to your son, congratulations! I'm sure it is an incredible honor as you say, and I imagine he will be doing great things in the R.N.Z. Navy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Kiwi,

You are a world away, yet I feel like we have all gotten to know you. Thanks for sharing your great stories and your great family. You are an inspiration to me and my wife.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Congrats buddy.

Wish Jayden all the best and Trust he will serve well.

Will be glad to welcome him should the sail drift him to my coast.

God bless all.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kiwi,

You are a world away, yet I feel like we have all gotten to know you. Thanks for sharing your great stories and your great family. You are an inspiration to me and my wife.
Thanks for the kind words. Never been a big Internet forum sort of guy but what clicked for me here was my passion to get back into bikes, the mighty V and most of all the great bunch of people i have connected to even a world away. In less than 6 week we will be touching down in Malaysia and spending some time with people met on line from this forum. Will be spending most of our 2nd week with Fastoman (Kuruna)and his family and i believe he has arranged a 2-3 day bike ride where i will get the privilege of using his blue versys. Also have skyped fasto as well as stlee29 from his office in KL but he lives in Penang which is over 300km away and rides his bike home for the weekends. Another of the forum members myred who lives in KL will be showing us around KL.
All of this has happened because of connections made here, I hope to make north America 2012 0r 2013 depending on how things go here.

Glad some of you enjoy the rides and our family dynamics and do enjoy sharing some of middle earth with you all, am a patrioctic Kiwi and we have a great place here not perfect but compared to a lot of trouble around the world this little big island is a pretty good place to live.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts