Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most people on here I love my Versys. My wife loves hers! But within a few weeks of getting them we started eyeballing other bikes.....it felt like cheating: wrong, but oh so exciting! :)

I'm curious: if you had to buy ("had to" :p ) another bike, what would it be? And why would you get it?

My wife and I are considering KLRs, even though we are many years away from getting them. We're looking for something within the same price range, good reliability, with a little more off road ability.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Husky TE630 is high on my list of "next bikes". Not to replace the Versys but in addition to. We have lots of trails and "roads" around here where the Husky would be an absolute blast. For now, the Versys will get new rubber this Summer to make it better on the gravel.

But the wife wants a big touring bike of some sort so she can ride pillion (due to a disability riding pillion on the Versys for her is impossible).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
There are lots of bikes I like but right now there isn't another bike that I'd be willing to pay for to get a bump up for either my Versys or my ST1300.

The Honda Cross Tour concept based on the VFR1200 motor in an adventure tourer platform sounds like a winner but it's not on the dealer's floor.

The Triumph Tiger 800 looks like all kinds of fun and the Triumph 1200 Trophy that appears to be in the works could be a great long distance mount.

BMW's new K1600GT looks great but way too spendy and I've been more interested in lighter, simpler bikes, not bigger more complicated ones.

As far as looking at other bikes, I do it all the time...no harm in looking.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There are lots of bikes I like but right now there isn't another bike that I'd be willing to pay for to get a bump up for either my Versys or my ST1300.

The Honda Cross Tour concept based on the VFR1200 motor in an adventure tourer platform sounds like a winner but it's not on the dealer's floor.

The Triumph Tiger 800 looks like all kinds of fun and the Triumph 1200 Trophy that appears to be in the works could be a great long distance mount.

BMW's new K1600GT looks great but way too spendy and I've been more interested in lighter, simpler bikes, not bigger more complicated ones.

As far as looking at other bikes, I do it all the time...no harm in looking.
Hiya Buddy.....LOOKING is what gets ME in trouble....:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
i really want a true dual sport to explore the mountains. not sure i want to go the off road direction too much on my v.

ktms tickle me but are too expensive.. huskys are expensive but not as much, and they are sentimental because my dad rode them in the 70s.

i would also love to have a big cruiser with a sofa on the back for my wife. i'm thinking about buying wrecked harleys and rehabbing them, making a thousand or so on every resale. if that works out i'd eventually be able to keep one for myself..

right now we're trying to get my wife through a second degree, raising 2 kids and paying off as much debt as we can (house and car) so these are pretty much just dreams at this point :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Right now the Versys is going to feel new again when I get to ride it!

I don't see anything significantly better for my "needs" at the moment.
Sure, I rode a Triumph Tiger and fell in love, but I don't need the extra
hp, or payments. I am planning to get at least 2 more years of riding out of
the V, then take a look at the "motorcycle of the year" in 2014. :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Just one bike I actually lust for.........maybe a used one in 5 or 6 years...LOL
But the Versys says in my garage regardless!

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Triumph Tiger 800 XC
Connie 14
BMW 1000RR
Monster 675
KLR
an old Honda CBX
New Ninja 1000
R1

to name a few I'd like to have. Because their bitchen bikes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Triumph XC800
BMW F800GS
BMW 1200GS
Ducati Multistrada 1200

But with one in college for 2 more years and then another starting at that point, probably not happening for awhile. But that's ok. I'm happy with the V and the DRZ! :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ducati Multistrada 1200 or Triumph tiger for "big adventure" and a bone stock Basic Black Triumph Bonneville for light duty. I'm pretty sure I'd hang on to my 08 Versys as I love it soooooo much......the MV Augusta Brutale looks pretty sexy as well :D.....O.K. I'll shut up now:blah: :thumb::clap:

·
Registered
959 Posts
for me
Tiger 800
I just want something with a bit more power, but not too much... 1050 is too much. There furtherest I intend going "off road" is crossing the pavement / sidewalk to park up at night.

I love the idea of a Thunderbird or Rocket or Diavel but they are not for me

·
Registered
291 Posts
I want another Harley someday soon. Either an XR1200 or a Softail. I hated Harleys until I rode one. I would've never sold my 06 Sprtster 1200r but it was a little small. I ride legally so the Versys is quicker than I need. I was surprised how well my sportster ran and it never leaked oil or failed me in any way.

·
Registered
875 Posts

No wonder their backs hurt at the end of the day look at that guys posture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love seeing / hearing what everyone else is looking at!

Another of my dreams is to build my own cafe racer. If I had the $$$ I would get a 72 Norton, my last name is Norton (no relation....sadly) and I was born in 72. "A 72 Norton, riding a 72 Norton."

My wife and I considered BMWs as well as the KLR, but as Bones mentioned, we just want a nice, simple bike.

We will be on our Vs for a long time I imagine, but its nice to have an idea what to get, should we win the lottery!

(My wife once told me: "as soon as you stop looking, you're of no use to me." So looking "at the menu" is fine with her. Though I'm not sure if she was talking about bikes or not.... :D )

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Triumph Tiger 1050 or the new Ninja 1000 that is getting such rave reviews.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I already have a KLR, and the V. My next bike is going to be an H-D Vrod, just love the look of that bike.

Mark

1 - 20 of 38 Posts