Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
I'm not sure I see the humour in that!?!?!:huh:

Do you know who Frank Spencer is?:confused:

The information seems pretty well founded & precise to me........but then again it's a Brit tabloid & I'm a Brit..........;)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
From a functional view I see no problem...but why the hairpin clip thru the axle? Looks like an invitation for mischif.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a quote of what got me laughing

"... A. WD40 is a water dispersant, not a lubricant, so he should not be using that on his chain anyway. If he wipes off the overspray immediately it shouldn't do any harm, but leave it on there for more than a few minutes and it will soak in, and it could compromise the grip at maximum lean where he most needs it most. ..."

The rest is of no interest for me

LOP

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
1) It moves, but it shouldn't move: duct tape
2) It should move, but doesn't move: WD-40.

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
Lours_Polaire;416146"... A. WD40 is a water dispersant said:
Thanks for posting this, Phil. Guess I'll start being MORE careful when I'm leaned over, because on my two Vs ALONE, There are OVER 68,000 miles of 'WD-40 compromised' rear tires...!
:yeahsmile:

Guess I've BEEN lucky....
:stickpoke:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
What is in WD-40 and can we use to lub the chain on the V! LOL :topsecret:

I should be knee capped for that! LOL :thumb: :goodidea: :thanx: :usa: :goodluck:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
From a functional view I see no problem...but why the hairpin clip thru the axle? Looks like an invitation for mischif.
Looks like a race bike. The hair pin is safety wired to the bike to keep it in. Easier and faster to puull that to swap tires than a cotter pin. Dont have to worry about mischif at the track.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for posting this, Phil. Guess I'll start being MORE careful when I'm leaned over, because on my two Vs ALONE, There are OVER 68,000 miles of 'WD-40 compromised' rear tires...!
:yeahsmile:

Guess I've BEEN lucky....
:stickpoke:
Mostly, I posted that for you

I taught that this guy had never tried wd-40 for his chain and the benefit of it AND of course didn't know you

Irony ...

LOP

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
...they are heaps better than a split pin and are reusable.
So are split pins (cotter pins), IF instead of banging BOTH ends around the castle nut, you just spread them about 30 degrees. That keeps them in place, but easily removable when necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts