Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been waiting for school to get back in session. Now the roads are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less crowded, especially in our National Parks.

Did 200 very delightful miles up to Cedar Grove in Kings Canyon National Park yesterday. Being an old fossil I was able to purchase a Senior Pass a couple of years ago for $10. Now that same pass is a whopping $80. It gives you lifetime "Free" access to all our National Parks.

90% of the ride was on roads as crooked as a J-bird, so if you think I had fun you would be right!

Got to get very familiar with my new set of Bridgestone S21's. An excellent choice for the little V-650. See my tire post for the official update.

Packed a brown bag lunch and headed out. Took about 2 hours to make it to the Cedar Grove. It is a really cool place. Reminds me of a little Yosemite Valley, complete with waterfalls that were still flowing.

Temps were perfect, being in the mid 60's to mid 70's all day. Pics are included for your enjoyment.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like a sweet ride. Gives us folks stuck in an office with no windows all day something to day dream about. ;)

Reactions: hawkerjet

·
Registered
759 Posts
Great pics! Thank you for sharing. :wink2:

That does look like a great area to ride in, albeit, a lot of that sandy stuff on the roads would probably have me going easy.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics! Thank you for sharing. :wink2:

That does look like a great area to ride in, albeit, a lot of that sandy stuff on the roads would probably have me going easy.
Did not see any sand. Just a few small rocks in just one area.

It's a super fun road that goes for 30 plus miles.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yep $10 for a life time National park pass was a bargain. People will complain about the $80 fee claiming they should have got it when it was $10. Several years from now people will complain about the price of the pass claiming they should have gotten it when it was only $80.

Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am jealous. It's 300 miles and two months away before I can get away from the flat of Savannah and 85 to 95 degrees. Great pics. Did that couple swim there? Water temp must have been in the 50's or 60's.

Civit

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am jealous. It's 300 miles and two months away before I can get away from the flat of Savannah and 85 to 95 degrees. Great pics. Did that couple swim there? Water temp must have been in the 50's or 60's.

Civit
No body swimming that I saw. Temps were pretty mild that day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts