Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most unusual animal, or object you have had to swerve or avoid hitting with your V?

Today was bright and sunny, 75 degrees and about 10:30 in the morning. I was cruising at about 70 on I-205 in SW Washington. I noticed ahead on the highway, vehicles moving rather quickly out of the center lane in front of me. This got my attention so I had time to swerve out of the way, but it still gave me an uneasy feeling as I narrowly passed a rather large office chair in the middle of the highway. About a mile down the highway was Mr. Exec. backing up his truck, back to the location of the projectiled furniture. It pays to be ready for anything out there....Scott

·
Registered
169 Posts
I narrowly missed a rabbit yesterday - not quite as vicious a fate as an office chair but it still got my attention ;-)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I came up over a hill while riding some nice East Texas backroads and there in the road was about a 4' snake meandering across the road. I couldn't miss him and when I ran over him it threw him up and he hit my legs before the rear tire got him. It felt like I had been hit with a whip. It didn't seem to bother him as he continued path across the road. I hate snakes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had several near misses with prairie dogs. They tend to run out at the last second, rethink their decision, and double back to where they came from. They're not very big, but I've had them pop out in the middle of a sharp corner.
I also had a coyote casually stroll across the road in front of me a few days ago. I was doing 65 and had to brake fairly hard. It just looked at me and slowly walked away into the desert.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have had 2 close encounters in the mountains I ride in. One was a black bear (it got my undivided attention when I figured out what it was) and the other was a wild hog. I was in a long sweeping right handed looking in to the right and was face to face with this hog for a second. He was just standing on the side of the road watching bikes go by. I laughed out loud in my helmet when I thought about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts