Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

The other night as I was heading home there was a jeep that had TAIL LIGHTS but no BREAK LIGHTS. I thought it seemed like it was getting closer, but had no visual indicator besides the lights seemed to be getting closer on a somewhat foggy night. By the time I realized that it had come to a complete stop it was just about to late. I want to say that we went from 50 mph to 0 in about a 100 feet. Back end snaked around a bit and I kept gripping the front break trying to not send it into a skip. As I crept closer to the jeep I thought "O.K. this is going to heart a bit." Then I kept slowing down. I thought "O.K. this may not be so bad." Then I came to a stop. Restarted the stalled engine and made my home. Keep an eye out for these vehicles the are deadly.

:eek:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Glad it was not worse.

Too many vehicles on the road are in poor repair.
Things like brake lights that do not function.
Tie rods, and ball joints worn out completely.
And the lengthy list goes on, and on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Glad you're safe!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Glad you were good at stopping!! Just goes to show you, trust no-one on the road, not even brake lights!!!
Happy Gobble Gobble day!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cose to same scenario,except car did have brake lights.....His alternator was just so weak that there might as well been a candle burning behind the lens......

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, it was close.

I think I stopped probably 6 inches before the bumper. It happened very fast. Glad I was in traffic really. If I had time to stop and think about it afterward it might have bothered me more.

Keep on rolling. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Which is why I think yearly state inspections are a good idea. Unfortunately, in Florida, there doesn't appear to be any rules...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts