Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, as i mentioned before i had a yamaha xt660r , i want to ask, was a good decision to change it to a kawasaki versys, can anyone give his idea about this choice :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
What kind of riding are you planning on doing? Gnarly off road stuff then no. Pretty much anything else then yes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
WELCOME! I think that the right choice is a matter of YOUR opinion. If you intend to spend more time on the road then tearing up dirt, you IMHO made an excellent choice. My V is THE bike for me. It will handle some dirt road if i need, but i don't like to get too far off the beaten path. I prefer to tear up canyon tarmac and get GREAT mileage while doing it!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had a XT660R for 7 years:

It was a decent bike, definitely better off road than the Versys, which I consider to be a 100% street bike. But as a road bike, the Versys blows the XT out of the water. The V has more power, better brakes, vibrates less, better seat, better suspension and better handling. Honestly, there is nothing the XT660R does better than the Versys on the road.

You can take a Versys off road, you can off-road any bike, but that doesn't mean it is good at it, not to mention that unlike the XT660R that had soft plastics, the Versys has hard ABS plastics that will break if you take dirt nap.

I sold my XT660R, off road was not my thing, I'm more of a tourer, so the Versys suits me better.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
HI, as i mentioned before i had a yamaha xt660r , i want to ask, was a good decision to change it to a kawasaki versys, can anyone give his idea about this choice :)
Yes....

:welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts